Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from someone that wants to gain insight into what is available and what I can do with my iOS devices. Been reading for a while now, and just decided to get active.

I am not one to purchase the latest and greatest every year. My phone is a 6s, and my iPad is a gen 3 that is way too old with iOS 9 and whatever apps I had installed when iOS 10 came out. My wife has a newer iPad if I do need something newer to play with.

I have been helping out on a security software's support forum since 2008. I also joined a forum for Chrysler Pacificas after I purchase one used in 2020.

Looking forward to a constructive, respectful experience here, like I have had at the other forums I participate in.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Hello from someone that wants to gain insight into what is available and what I can do with my iOS devices.
Hello Peter, I guess I would have to suggest you try a Google search if you haven't already done so with something like this:

I also do not use the latest and greatest and I really don't need them or any of their features. I ended up resurrecting my wife's old iPhone 4 for my occasional and basically emergency only use cell phone for my own use after the 7-Eleven Speak Out said they could not support my old Samsung flip-phone (Rogers) anymore, so I got a SIM card and used 7-Eleven Speak Out Prepaid Plan for occasional use and it cost me about $25 per year.

I am in the process of mounting a new support bracket on to my battery operated mobility cart to hold the iPhone 4 so I can use its old software that has a speedometer and odometer as well as a map.

So old iOS devices can certainly have their life extended and still be very useful.

- Patrick
=======

·
Super Moderator
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw your post about the 7- Eleven plan for $25 per year. I tried to google that, but could not find it. Any chance you have a link to it? I too only have the phone for emergencies, and my current plan is $100 /year for 400 Canada wide minutes and 400 texts. Which I do not even get close to using.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
I saw your post about the 7- Eleven plan for $25 per year. I tried to google that, but could not find it. Any chance you have a link to it?
Try this:

or

I don't use any of the 30-day Smartphone Plans, and just use a 365day prepaid plan and any left over time gets rolled over into the following year as long as it is done at or before or within a few days after the expiry.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 4 of 4 Posts