Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Falwell has found himself at the center of several controversies, such as the one sparked by his comments two days after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in which he seemed to blame "abortionists," gays, lesbians, the ACLU and People for American Way for causing the attacks, saying they "helped this happen."

On September 14, 2001, he told CNN that he would "never blame any human being except the terrorists, and if I left that impression with gays or lesbians or anyone else, I apologize."

Rev. Jerry Falwell dead at 73 - CNN.com

The "Moral Majority" today is more powerful than ever.

·
Premium Member
42,903 Posts
I really enjoyed it when he and Wendy O. Williams were co-judges in an entertainment Weekly fashion contest.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
I wonder how sad Larry Flint is today. Perhaps Flint is just disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
What did Falwell do to make everyone THIS angry?
Shouldn't forget his claim from 1999 that one of the Teletubbies on the BBC TV children's show, Tinky Winky, was homosexual. Too silly by half!

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Shouldn't forget his claim from 1999 that one of the Teletubbies on the BBC TV children's show, Tinky Winky, was homosexual. Too silly by half!
Have to love a man (unless you are male) a grown man concerned with the sexual proclivities of a creature without gonads. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
The show Soap was canceled thanks to the Moral Majority. If I believed in Hell, than Hell would be my answer. Not because of Soap but because of his hatred and bigotry. He was just another fanatic and we are better off without his negative influence.
THE MORAL MAJORITY IS NEITHER.
As stated above: "Good Riddance".
I'll not shed a tear for this ass.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
As stated above: "Good Riddance".
I'll not shed a tear for this ass.
The man spent his life doing what he thought was right.

I suspect you live your life no differently.

Would you like me to say the same of you and YOUR so-called beliefs when you die, because I find them just as offensive?

·
Premium Member
42,903 Posts
Those are all examples of what caused people to heap ridicule on him--you hate hime because he said something stupid about Tinky Winky?

Soap was cancelled due to low ratings, not public pressure. It ran for four painful seasons.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
The man spent his life doing what he thought was right.

I suspect you live your life no differently.

Would you like me to say the same of you and YOUR so-called beliefs when you die, because I find them just as offensive?
No it isn't that easy to brush off this man's evil intent. His segregationist support, support for Apartheid, his opposition to same sex right, his accusations after 9/11, etc...

Yeah the world is a better place with his passing.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
No it isn't that easy to brush off this man's evil intent. His segregationist support, support for Apartheid, his opposition to same sex right, his accusations after 9/11, etc...

Yeah the world is a better place with his passing.
Completely agree. Hitler likely thought he was doing what was right for the world. I believe we as a whole are better without Falwell's influence.

Thank Zod.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts