Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is really geared towards people currently in Alberta, but I would love to hear from othesr around Canada as well.

I am working on a video project based on Ghost Stories in Alberta (And would like to expand it to al across Canada in the future) and would like to know if anybody here has a good ghost story, knows of any haunted houses (The more haunted the better!) or has any pictures or video that they would be willing to share.
Anybody with a story that may feel a bit uneasy about relating their story on video to a TV audience can be assured that I would be taking every procaution to protect interviewee's identity's using voice altercation as well as black out (You will be shown as a silouette only).

Please feel free to share your experience's with me, as I am one person who will not doubt you (As I have had numerous paranormal experiences)

Feel free to drop a line in this thread or send me a Private Message/Email.

ThanX ! :D

·
Banned
3 Posts
Apprently there is a farm house just south of Lethbridge where a farmer hanged himself in the 30's after his wife died giving birth.

Apprently people have claimed to have seen a person hanging from the rope from the highway and have called the police.

True?

Probably not, but it's a ghost story

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good!
Do you happen to know any more information on this ?

As well, there is an old school just outside of Calgary where some Nuns went crazy and killed all the children and is apparently a very active spot, but I have not been able to find out were it is, anybody??

·
Banned
3 Posts
There is nothing to that story, apprently some nun went crazy and tossed kids out of the Bell tower at Saint John School after it opened in 1916, it is in Kensington.

Bloody Sister Mary,

The computer lab is in the attic, or what was the attic, and we would tell the new kids that it was haunted. And it wouldn't be hard to scare a 9 yearold, the stairs creek and when it is windy the glass shakes and oh yeah, the bell tower is still accessable, and when windy the wind passing through the old wood and shutters make a really chilling sound.

And if you went into the original bathrooms, turned off the light and said bloddy sister mary three times her deamon would appear in the mirror.

I went to that school, it is something the grade sixers told the new grade 4's to scare them.

It never happened, I was really interested in local history at the time and I was able to get a detail chronology of the history of the school, I think a murderous rampage by a nun would have been mentioned.

I will have to see if I can find anything more about it (the suicide), I am trying to remember who told me about it. I think it was a girl in Jr. High,

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, this sounds like a different school.
The school I am speaking of is no longer being used (And just outside of city limits). They have tried to knock it down numerous times but the machines stop dead 5 ft from the building.
But if you have some more information on this other school, I would like to research some more on that!
ThanX Trevor!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the school you are talkng about MacDaddy is just outside of the Abbeydale comminity in the NE. I used to live there when I was a kid, and we used to play in the field all the time....there was a huanted school out there...we never went into it however....cause of the rumored "lunatic farmer" that guarded it! LOL!! I'm not sure how much that may have helped you...

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keeko, thank your for the info, not the best lead, but it does point me in the right direction, now that I have a semi location I will be able to try and track it down via land titles etc!

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Hey MacDaddy, I wondered how your project was comin' along. Given Halloween is just around the corner, if you could maybe post an iMovie or something...

I'm in a a scary mood today... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You could also look for information on the "Haunted Walks" tours in Ottawa. They do them all summer and into the fall.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bjornbro

The project has not officially started yet, I am waiting to hear back from the AFA regarding my grant application, which should be in Dec./Jan.
If I get the money, it is for Research And Development so I can go to locations, find out about them and try and set up interviews etc.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I won't be able to have anything by the 31st (If I had the money, I would so go around and check these locations!)

·
Registered
590 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MacDaddy:
Sounds good!
Do you happen to know any more information on this ?

As well, there is an old school just outside of Calgary where some Nuns went crazy and killed all the children and is apparently a very active spot, but I have not been able to find out were it is, anybody??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live in calgary and have never heard about that school. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
There is also an old school in the northwest here in Calgary that was used in WWII as a hospital for soldiers. Apparently there they have closed off hallways because they were seing things. Also, during some renovations the found halways that had never been seen before, and were not in the original blue prints. It said most of them lead to nowhere and and some are tunnels underground. And supposedly the school is hauted by the soldiers that died there.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
WOOOHOOO!!

Now THAT'S a place I'd check into if I were making a documentary about ghosts!!

In fact, I'm pretty interested anyway....where is it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts