Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has used the new feature. If so, does it work as presented? Recommended?
I tried it with a .Mac 60 days account. Working fine so far. Not really speedy for the upload, but the features were as describe.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Pretty much the same for me. I'm actually quite happy with it.
Photo's can be a bit slow but movies are really slow.
You mean slow to upload or slow to play?

I'am wandering if I would finally get a .Mac account. This new feature, and the Leopard get back to my Mac feature are really cool. Add to this that now we have 10 Gig of capacity, which is more realistic today, that's very nice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Slow to upload, but relatively quick to view. Here's a real world example...
It was as simple as advertised to quickly upload 15 high res images from iPhoto to a web gallery on my .mac acct. It took 4 minutes. From there it took 12 seconds for the webpage to load. All in, not too bad.

Btw, here's the page:
http://gallery.mac.com/srempel#100038

I feel i'm getting decent value for my .mac dollar. I maintain a simple family site with iWeb and I use backup for some critical files, settings, and preferences.
It's especially good value if you can find a deal at Future Shop like I did where they were selling it for $79.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
The carousel viewing option is very cool.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Think it is great. I can not seem to download from it though and or upload. I am only using the 60 day trial though so I think I am out of storage... thinking about getting a .mac though after seeing all this.

Here's the gallery:

http://gallery.mac.com/tobungus#100027

·
Registered
611 Posts
It's especially good value if you can find a deal at Future Shop like I did where they were selling it for $79.
The deal does not appear on their web site. Gone, snif snif... :-(

When did you get this? was it in store only or online too?

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Not crazy about the "Vistaesque" interface in the .Mac gallery...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Here is my first gallery. My wife and I just went out to Lake Louise today so I'll put up another one tomorrow :)

http://gallery.mac.com/imcfly
got the lake louse pictures up now. i love the galleries. I found that whenever i was doing quick photo galleries i was always choosing the basic black themes anyways because they make the photos stand out so much and are easy on the eyes. Im just ecstatic that 1-click galleries are back! I missed them a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
got the lake louse pictures up now. i love the galleries. I found that whenever i was doing quick photo galleries i was always choosing the basic black themes anyways because they make the photos stand out so much and are easy on the eyes. Im just ecstatic that 1-click galleries are back! I missed them a lot.
Loved your pics. Someday I'll get to see Lake Louise.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I feel i'm getting decent value for my .mac dollar. I maintain a simple family site with iWeb and I use backup for some critical files, settings, and preferences.
Sorry, what that .Mac that you got for $79? Was that online or in store?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: .mac for $79 at Future Shop

I got it about 4-5 months ago and it was an in-store deal that I heard about on these very forums.
Actually I got lucky. I was all set to pay the standard .mac renewal rate and I saw a post here on ehmac talking about this new promotion. I went to the store and snapped it up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts