Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Has anyone been to Iceland?

1345 Views 15 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  RunTheWorldOnMac
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Apparently the Vikings were there a while ago.
RtC, that is one country I would love to travel to someday. Newfoundland and Labrador has been mistaken for Iceland, as well as Greenland, by Apple Canada reps when I tried to order something from them on the phone.
To answer your initial question I'm pretty sure Bjørk has been there, but I stand to be corrected :D Iceland is country I also would love to visit. But I shall only do so after my wife and I have fully explored Newfoundland and if I can talk my wife into braving a trip to Labrador as well. I have flown into visit the townies but when we go to the Island of Newfoundland we shall drive and camp. :)
BigDL, be sure to drop in and see the doxies when you visit St.John's. We live at Little Debbie's Den o' Doxies, 1313 Watchyourstep Road, St.John's.
BigDL, be sure to drop in and see the doxies when you visit St.John's. We live at Little Debbie's Den o' Doxies, 1313 Watchyourstep Road, St.John's.
That's not that far from the corner of Walk and Don'twalk is it?
BigDL, we don't have stop lights yet, so that joke does not make sense here. Of course, coming from New York City, I have used that joke often.
BigDL, we don't have stop lights yet, so that joke does not make sense here. Of course, coming from New York City, I have used that joke often.
In Moncton we do not have Stop Lights either. We seem to have Go and Go Like Hell Lights. ;)
BigDL, this has nothing to do about Iceland. I do know that Iceland has one of the highest literacy rates in the world.
I went there when I was 18 months old. My early 50's prop plane had to stop there for refueling before going on to London, England. My mom said it was a nice place and the locals very helpful and friendly.

Sorry, my info is just a wee bit dated. ;)
BigDL, this has nothing to do about Iceland. I do know that Iceland has one of the highest literacy rates in the world.
Maybe long nights to curl up with a book perhaps?
RtC, in answer to your question, "Yes".

My wife and I went there for a four day break in October, a few years ago. Living in Scotland made the journey easy - a couple of hours on the plane from Glasgow. No jet lag. Different for you of course.

It was superb. We stayed in Reykjavik. Everyone spoke English, and the place was quiet and peaceful, the people friendly and laid back. We visited The Blue Lagoon - the most surreal experience I've ever had while abroad. The landscape, bereft of trees, is controlled by volcanic forces of course. There were a couple of stunning modern art galleries in Reykjavik, and we ate in good restaurants in the evenings.

I would recommend a trip if you're at all curious.
My brother just got back; was there for a year playing hockey. Expensive city; a McDonalds combo can run you 15-20$ Cdn. Filled with hot women; blonde and bue eyes. Rykevik has the blue lagoon that heats the island that you can swim in. You can bring your drink from bar to bar.

If you have any other questions fire them to me. For travel, he would drive to Boston and take Iceland Air; I am in Otawa and it's an 8 hour drive to Boston.
My brother just got back; was there for a year playing hockey. Expensive city; a McDonalds combo can run you 15-20$ Cdn.
Proper way to SUPERSIZE at MickeyD's I say. :clap:

Not only are these Icelander literate but they have the world in the proper perspective. ;)
My brother says they eat mostly with a knife and fork; that includes 20 dollar McDonalds combos...
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.