Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Macbook, and I'm really confused about the HD space.

I went to Disk Utilities to check the capacity and it claims that I had 111.5 GB to begin with and now I have 93.1 GB left.

Not sure if this is important but it also says:
Number of files: 404,616
Number of folders: 96,157

I ordered a 160 GB HD with my system.

Please say this is easily fixable and I don't have to send it anywhere...

·
Registered
129 Posts
With those types of numbers, it looks like they shipped your MacBook with a 120GB HD. I got my MacBook last week and I've got 132GB available, plus I've already installed some third party programs on it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm...I think they actually sent me extra RAM instead, but I already bought extra RAM myself. So anyway...time to call..since I double-checked what I ordered and I definitely ordered a 160GB HD.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, this sucks. I'm really disappointed that I have to return my entire computer, after waiting for so long.

What's worse is that I'm going away for a week (next week) and I doubt my Macbook will be back by then. Plus, this really doesn't help the fact that my parents are suspicious about buying online and getting things delivered from other countries.

I really just want to return it to a local reseller or the Toronto Apple Store (when I go there next week) instead. Where exactly do they replace it? I hope it's done locally...

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Wow, this sucks. I'm really disappointed that I have to return my entire computer, after waiting for so long.

What's worse is that I'm going away for a week (next week) and I doubt my Macbook will be back by then. Plus, this really doesn't help the fact that my parents are suspicious about buying online and getting things delivered from other countries.

I really just want to return it to a local reseller or the Toronto Apple Store (when I go there next week) instead. Where exactly do they replace it? I hope it's done locally...
A reseller won't take it back - period. It was never their stock to begin with, so they won't swap it out.

I doubt that the Apple Store will take it back either, as the online store and the brick stores are two different things.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I just called them and apparently they will send me a new one as soon as they know the old one is going back. Since I have to call them before they can release the new one or something, I'm just going to send the old one back first, then go on my trip. Then I will wait until a few days before I come back from my trip to call them, so that the delivery date will coincide with the time I come home again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just called them again and asked for a refund instead since I can't live without my new Macbook for even just two weeks ;)

So they gave me back the HD money, plus the expedited shipping charge for the inconvenience. Yay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts