Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I would share this with you all.........

My son wished me a happy father's day and informed me that if he had enough money he would buy me a new Apple computer (keep in mind that he is 16 1/2 and has no money of his own outside of his allowance). Then, as I thanked him for the kind thought, he wanted to know when I was ordering my new 17" AlPB PowerBook? Seems that his best friend is a Houston Rockets fan and they tracked down the Yao Ming "big little" commercial. His friend wants the 12" PB that Yao had, but my son is starting to covet the possibility of this sort of wide-screen laptop.

Granted, he is my son, and I love him..............but does the expression "When pigs fly!" come to mind in the consciousness of anyone reading this post????????
:D

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Happy Father's day Dr. G. :D

One of my daughter's gave me a card today she made at school that had many pages, all shaped like a tie. The all had reasons why she loves me. The reasons were cute, like I give her piggy back rides etc... but towards the end she must of been running out of reasons. My favourite was.. "I love you because I love you."

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ehMax, obviously a young child. Sadly, my son stopped making home made cards when he was back in grade three. Still, I have saved them all. Personally, I think that such days are somewhat overblown and taken out of proportion. My mother actually created "Son's Day" for me, so that we could all celebrate Mother's Day, Father's Day and Son's day. That was nice. My son seems to think that every day is Son's Day, but there will come a time when reality sets in for him. Such is Life.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
There are benfits to older sons too. Mine bought me the new James Bond DVD Die Another Day. Will spend some male quality time with him oogling at Haley Berry.....

He's 15 and a total girl magnet (although he still thinks girls are soppy). My 17 year old daughter is at her boyfriends parent's house. Oh well.....

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jwoodget, lucky your. I still recall the years that I was a single parent and he wondered whether to give me a homemade card on father's day AND mother's day. Those were the days..............

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is nice to be reconized for being a good father as we sometimes get a bad rap. My son and I get along well but this weekend it has been a fight with both him and his mother over our new imac 17" I like to think since it is fathers day weekend that I should get to use it all weekend but that just doesn"t seem to work. Oh well!!

Happy Fathers Day

·
Canadian By Choice
117,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supernova, I hear what you are saying. My son is well mannered when he is outside of the house, but has a real "attitude" when he is in the house. I bought my wife a new laptop so that I could have her old laptop for those times my son uses my desktop computer. NO ONE shall use my new AlPB when it arrives............NO ONE. They shall have to pry it out of my cold dead hands before anyone else will have a chance to load some program, application, song, image, whatever, on to this computer.

Still, sorry to hear about an arguement on Father's Day. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts