Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Information Here

We will have 12 stations set up with HALO for Mac so you can try before you buy, and you can even bring in your own Powerbook or iBook*, buy HALO for Mac and join our LAN Party!

Did I mention FREE PIZZA?

12/12/03 8:00 PM - Midnight

*HALO requires a G4 800 MHz Processor with at least a 32 MB Video Card.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Man, I'm starting to be envious of those Torontonians... they seem to have great Mac Retailers there. I've never seen our few Mac Retailers in Ottawa do this. They didn't even have Jag when it came out.

If the bus trip to Toronto didn't take more than 3 hours, I'd pay Carbon a visit...

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I think it's discriminatory. ;)

Us poor Westerners can't get to Carbon very easily. Although I would love to go there. What kind of workstations are you going to have set-up?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's going to be a mix.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Okay you people know that there are LAN parties and gaming events held all over the place on any given weekend right? :D

It's not just a TO thing. And it doesn't have to be MAC only place either. We have a couple of MAC people show up at ours. I've played with the G4 and even used the iBook.

I can't make it to Carbon but I am very curious as to how HALO does in a multiplayer environment with the MAC's. We are looking at bringing it into our place. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm curious as to how Halo would run on an iBook?
All indications are "just barely". Minimum specs are 800 MHz G4. From what I've read, a maxed out iBook would barely cut it.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
All indications are "just barely". Minimum specs are 800 MHz G4. From what I've read, a maxed out iBook would barely cut it.
System Requirements (as per Apple site):
Minimum: Macintosh computer with 800MHz G4 or faster processor
Mac OS X v10.2.8 or higher
256MB RAM
32MB AGP Video Card (GeForce 2MX/ATI 7000 or better)
1.4GB hard disk space
Internet or LAN connection required for online play

Recommended: Macintosh computer with 1GHz G4 or faster processor
Mac OS X v10.3 or higher
512MB RAM
64MB AGP Video Card (GeForce 4Ti/ATI 9000 or better)
1.4GB hard disk space
Broadband or LAN connection for online play

Macsoftgames

:eek:

Might be hella nice on a 15, 17, 20 iMac of even the 20" cinema screen... not a huge gamer [read almost not at all] - but that might be cool...

Screen shots anyone??

H!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it's discriminatory.

Us poor Westerners can't get to Carbon very easily
lol, although I WISH! I could attend, I have two problems where Chealion only has one, I don't have a Mac (yet), can't get down to Toronto easily.

Anywho, hope everyone has fun down there

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'm in
. too bad my cube cant run halo... just wait till i get that 1.2ghz upgrade though, you'll see me on gameranger

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the stations will mostly be eMacs, but there should be at least one G5.

Basically we'll have a range of machines so you can get an idea of what the performance will be on your particular machine if you buy it and take it home.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Will you be able to post a review of the speed of the game on the various config? I am really sceptic about it running on my 12" 1Ghz PB at a high res on my 19" CRT...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think we will be doing speed tests. If you come in you're welcome to, but I can't guarantee we'll have a 12" Powerbook to test on.

[ December 11, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: CarbonKen ]

·
Registered
435 Posts
Arg.. trust me, if I could, I would come! But I am in montreal which is kinda far away! I will have to see if they are doing any thing like lan party in the mac shops around then...

I dont expect a full test, just to get a feel of how fast/slow it is on a 32meg video card...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Check out the little blurb I wrote on Halo.
Wish I could play in the LAN party!

Hey, the cold winter nights are back. In the same tradition of our old ehMac UT nights, maybe we should start a new ehMac Halo league on Wednesday nights? :D It's been a while since I whooped other ehMac member's butt's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With regard to the computers we'll be using tonight, we'll have a good mix, and several of them will be G5's with Apple Cinema Displays.

-Vince.

·
Registered
39 Posts
that was awesome. seriously guys, we should do this every 2 weeks or something, fantastic. all you torontonians that didnt go seriously missed out.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are the photos from the event.

Again we thank 2 4 1 Pizza for supplying the food and thanks to all who showed up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts