Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just walked out of a Compusmart after I noticed that they had a wifi network set-up (in Hamilton as I type this - shout out to Daycus)... so I walked to my car to pull out the PB and check my email among other things... ;) Would hang out here a little longer - but my batt is in the red. Anyhow, I thought that was a little funny, as I had the same issue a few weeks back. I noticed later that cats were having fun on my work network, I tossed them out later... ;) anyhow, see c u cats later. ;) Pirate surfers!!

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Why secure it? Seems to me like CompuSmart should advertise this as it'll get people into the area of the store. It's self regulating since too many freeloaders will saturate the network (and the car park) and there's usually plenty of bandwidth.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure... When I had the network @ work opened up (by mistake), I got a little sketched since I had no control, and the freeloading aspect. I think I rather do the demo >> show people the pros of wifi myself. Unless you want to have a mrkt campaign where you would ask wifi users to sit outside and do some work... that may work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.