Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello EhMacers of the Guelphian persuasion.

I am moving soon to Guelph into an area (so I'm told) not serviced by Bell High-Speed. Do you have any recommendations for other service providers there? I don't think that Rogers is an option for me since I don't have cable (nor am I interested) and their service is only through cable, no? Same goes for satellite (I don't do TV). Your suggestions are most welcome and very gratefully received.

Thanks and regards,

drehleierguy

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You don't require TV Cable to have Rogers Cable High-Speed Internet. The two use the same kind of connection, but either or doesn't require the other to function.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Welcome back to the area. Lars is correct as I looked into it earlier this year.
I'm still with Bell and their DSL service though. Not bad as it doesn't tie up my phone lines. The Rogers store is now only in Stone Road Mall as they closed the downtown store, just FYI.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes you can have Rogers supply just the ISP service to you, without haveing any TV services. It used to be a 10 buck extra charge for that, monthly. Not sure what the rate is now, but that is what it was in 01 when I was demo-ing it in the local malls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts