Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I see that excavation is underway just south of Rutherford and east of the 400. If I'm not mistaken, this is the site of the gargantuan mall within which Apple had been rumoured to be planning their first Canadian retail location.

There were a few posters here who seemed to have info about this project. Anyone have any updates?

As an aside, I note that the current excavation is in the area just south of the concrete forms for the overpass that was panned as a part of the mall project. Anyone know if this is actually part of the mall site vs. a separate development?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well the sign still says opening in 2004 so I'm still not too excited yet.

That overpass always struck me as odd. I realize that roads, water, & electricity have to go in first, but there would be no rush on an overpass (which leads right into the mall property so it has to be their deal - probably to alleviate the Rutherford traffic which would would bog up the residential neighbourhood on the north side) when you have enough acces from Jane & Rutherford.

I think the project was stalled, yet someone involved thought it was only a temp delay so they put some guys on the overpass job just to keep the machines and labour available. As soon as it was realized that the halt was going to be prolonged, the construction stops and probably will stay that way for a while when the major tasks are being performed.

Just my speculation though.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
[singing] :eek:
"Ontario gets the first apple store." :eek:

[/end singing]

uhmmm... in 2004?
uhmmm... just broke the ground?
uhmmm... road to nowhere?