Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some under my PB, but I think that I want to get some and place it under a Pismo Dock. Any one know where I can get some???

·
Registered
778 Posts
maybe he wants skateboard grip tape?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... I'm going out to practice my frontside noseslides. But I'm also looking to keep the dock from sliding all over the place. maybe all I need are little rubber feet...

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. I'll figure something out. That was the little bit that I needed to start the process. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
please don't stick a wad of snot to your pismo, that's just not right. A Dell or Gateway notebook or anything from E Machines maybe .

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I often use the small, round, clear feet made of silicon rubber, self-adhesive. It works suprisingly well; I have 4 feet on my cutting board in the kitchen, and they have never fallen off in about 4 years of washing, occasional bleaching, etc.

You can buy 'em anywhere (Zellers, hardware stores, Wall Mart, etc) 8 for about $2. Look in housewares or hardware.

They will come off if you don't clean the surface first; and you can knock them off (because they stick out a bit) if you're careless. Still, it's simple enough to replace one.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool. a toonie. that's sounds right.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Radio Shack has quite a good selection of "little rubber feet" that have an adhesive side. Most other electronics hobby shops should also have something similar. Carpet underlay is available with adhesive backing and works like a hot damn. The carpet place will probably GIVE you a small piece for free if you ask nicely.

OR....you could buy a small scrap of silicon rubber, or neoprene or something...carve little discs out of it and fasten it to whatever device you have with a bit of "jewler's goop" or a hot glue gun or superglue or even a small wad of half-solidified snot, for that matter.

There are LOTS of possibilities. Use your imagination. ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
call Apple Support. They know it is a defect (not using better glue). When I had mine go missing on both my powerbook G4's, they happily sent me out new ones the same day.

They should do the same for you

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I use the process gordguide described.

I like the round but flat ones, found them in the hardware section. Have forgotten about the little black original feet that came from Apple.

The added benefit is that if you get thicker ones you can have a little air flowing under the pismo to keep it cooler.

$2 bucks is about right to fix you up you should get about a dozen of those little silicon thingies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts