Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up cats.. not been around for a few days as I get settled out here. Staying in Antibes, 12km from Cannes. Here for biz.

Trying to meet with an Apple rep to drum up biz (long shot). Here @ a music trade show, and they're out here looking for something good. Want to look @ licensing a track out to them for a new campaign (will keep cats abreast).

q? My Pbook will run out here, no??

q? also, a funny thing happened on the light. it reset itself, and I'm not sure why/how. It was asleep and just stopped when I opened it. any takers?

q? What is the weather like in Toronto? If there are any ways of getting my Pismo to work, will send pix of the Apple booth.

A la prochaine les pottes!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ideally, for you to get your PB to work (or any electronics that requires a plug) you will need an adapter for the plug end to match the types out there.

As I understand it, Apple systems will auto-switch based on the voltage, but since I've never been overseas, I can't be 100% certain.

No idea what the weather is like in T.O. I'm in a different city. However, it's bloody cold in Ottawa.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Maybe the Pismo has jetlag? :D
The weather in TO is as follows:
No brass monkeys were seen on the streets yesterday or today.
Yesterday it was -14 with a wind chill of -26
Today -8 with a wind chill of -18.
(as per CBC radio)
Enjoy France, it's one of the best places to be. (after Australia and Italy)
Robert

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
All Powerbooks and iBooks has auto-sensing power adaptors for 110-240V and varying AC. You do need the appropriate prong adaptor though. If you have one of the white square power adaptors, Apple sells a collection of prong nubbies that I find is an efficient way to "adapt" your adaptor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
on a somewhat related topic check out

Son of Weather

this guy makes some lovely little programs and the weather one is amazing - I have some email friends I MSN with all over the world and nice to check their climate etc

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh man.... what week so far. Thanks for all those who posted. My Pismo is back in order. Not sure if I'll be using it on the plane.

BTW, Apple was not here. Do you know how bummed I am?? I was so sure that at the world's biggest music conf, they would have a stand showing the new PBs ESP since they now have ProTools for X. :( all is love though.

Anyhow, I have a few more days b4 I get back to Toronto. I need it... have tons of work to handle. Until then, a la prochaine.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts