Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I may be a little biased as they advertise on ehMac, but was just over at Carbon Computing's web site and noticing how nice it looks. Really like the layout, colour scheme, company logo etc.. Really like the look. Really cool image on their homepage now too:

That little "Shop" button that is currently inactive is intriguing too.
;)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
ehMax, i agree...great site. wish i lived n Toronto so i could drop in.
Dude, us two will hitch a ride up there some time. ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought a 9500 180MP off Carbon once, they are pretty good guys who know their stuff. They even installed all my upgrades free of charge. Upgrading the ram on a 9500 was sure as hell no picnic, thank Jobs for the new case designs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
EGADS! I used to lie awake at night reliving the horror of my 9500 RAM upgrades... I almost sliced off a thumb once trying to get the motherboard off the casing mounts...

RAM upgrades were always a love/hate thing with that machine...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought 3 Macs from Carbon. For me: one in Jan 1997, that lasted until I got my imac 17" LCD from them this year. And one for my club about 2 years ago. Upgraded RAM, cache, software, plus bits and pieces.

A great dealer in my opinion. They go the extra mile to give satisfaction.

Johnny.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Yeah, Carbon has an alright space. I hope Ron is doing well, there.

one thing he either forgot to do or could not afford to do is, beneath that nice sign he paid good money to have designed and constructed, the front wall of the building is just filthy dirty. It takes away from his effort to have that clean 'Apple look". Too bad he didn't get it sandblasted, or something :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a client that is almost right next door - and dropped in to the store last week. Unfortunately it was just before 6 and did not have time to hang out and really give it a once over.

I love the open feel and it will work really well for them. Way to go Ron!

Nice site too

·
Registered
120 Posts
Actually, Carbon's exterior has been professionally cleaned since the store first openned in June. Any apparent dirt left over can be looked at as adding character. After all, the building is several decades old. I think the contrast between the brick and the clean aluminum is pretty cool. My 2¢.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
i've been to their store - great layout! i like their website too, but just out of curiousity, what is their logo supposed to be?

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
manny - i see you've finally done some work on your website - awesome! (although i think you should try to bring back some of that chrome look to your logo - that was cool)

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Hey, thanks BF! It's been a real battle to finally settle on a style for the site (it's been at least a year of constant redesign -- I have about 20 different styles I've gone through). I still need to make some tweaks with the contrast (the text can be slightly hard to read on certain monitors/LCD screens.

Once the wife and I finish moving (we get our new home tonight! Yay) I'll be able to re-address the site and start on some nifty ideas -- including adding the metal manhole logo.
Plus, I'll be slowly adding content over the following weeks as I go along.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts