Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to play around with a ZAGGfolio keyboard case the other day.

Really cool product that's nice looking too, for those that do a lot of keyboard input, and want to use their iPad for some "laptop" functions.

iPad can work in both landscape and portrait modes. Batteries are built-in and rechargeable. Keyboard has iPad specific keys on it like home, search etc..

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
These keyboard-case things seem to be going to a lot of trouble to build what amounts to a half brain dead MBA. The keyboards have no pointing device functions, there is no Flash or Java and no capacity to connect drives and so on. The results have a cobbled together appearance. Why not just get the small MBA and have a real computer. The base MBA comes with 64gig storage. If you get an iPad with equal storage you have to spend nearly as much money and wind up with half the machine.

Just my $0.02. :confused:

·
Registered
503 Posts
agreed! I'm not a big fan of the keyboard cases that has to keep the iPad in. I'd rather have a normal cover and a bluetooth keyboard stationed at work, just in case I needed to type a long email or a letter. otherwise, i want to have the iPad free and clear.

·
Registered
635 Posts
rgray, you're in good company. Tim Cooke seems to share your opinion.

BUT, I bought a $30 standalone Bluetooth keyboard at Costco a few weeks ago and it's been a great buy. Typing in long emails is terrific. I've even started to do proper work on it. And when I don't need it, I turn off the keyboard and put it away. My iPad remains as svelte as ever.

These keyboard-case things seem to be going to a lot of trouble to build what amounts to a half brain dead MBA. The keyboards have no pointing device functions, there is no Flash or Java and no capacity to connect drives and so on. The results have a cobbled together appearance. Why not just get the small MBA and have a real computer. The base MBA comes with 64gig storage. If you get an iPad with equal storage you have to spend nearly as much money and wind up with half the machine.

·
Registered
635 Posts
aaaaah!! I missed out big time on that Targus keyboard at Costco!!!
digitddog.. I'll buy it off of you for $15? :D
Now that I own one, I'd say the value of a standalone keyboard is worth more than the $30 I paid. Which, for a tightwad like me, is saying something. ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts

I agree. When I got my iPad 2 not to long ago I bought this Zaggfolio the day after I received the iPad 2 by courier. I have to admit the case and keyboard especially was nice but then I thought this is a wanna be laptop thing going on here. It wasn't comfortable to rotate and put it on your lap, like ol' Steve intended. Returned the Zaggfolio the next day and just got the smart cover and a Belkin backing.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Where I think these things work well is within the Enterprise world. Our company for example has no problem rolling out iOS devices this year since RIM has fallen from grace. They will however not put Apple computers in the field. We get an iPad with Network connectivity and a Keyboard combo and can replace our work computers for all but accessing our Trend database.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have purchased 2 ipad cases for my ipad. Zagg Keyboard Case and Aura iPad 3

Here is my reviews ..

Zagg keyboard case - The case is ultimate choice if you are looking keyboard case no other keyboard case even close to this product. The product quality is really outstanding and it gives more good look to the ipad.

Aura iPad 3 Case - The product from iskin with many range of colors. I have received my olive color case. The product price is very decent as compare to quality. Here is some more decent information on this case. Aura Case

1 - 12 of 12 Posts