Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw the announcement on MacCentral of this web site offering free WebDav-based iCal sharing and I thought, what a great idea for an ehMac initiative that could bring in some cash and grow the community.

Recall the discussions that we were having about turning ehMac into a MUG and having a nominal fee go to support the Mayor and his efforts. My recollection is things seemed to stall a bit about what "services" could be offered.

Well how about a place for us to all publish our iCal (those of us who don't use .Mac) for starters. The site I linked is free but I would love to have the service through ehMac and have my donation (I think I pledged $10 way back) earmarked to pay for it.

How about it? Useful? Useless?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I don' think I have the equipment or resources to setup a webdav server. I love my .Mac account and couldn't do without it anymore. I'd encourage everyone to signup. If not, the free one you mentioned would do.

Not a bad idea, but it doesn't peak my interest too much. That's just my 2¢. ;)

I'll add my $2 worth on Monday when I have the day off and will spend some time with some changes etc...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the reason I liked it was that iCal publishing was starting to look like the only thing I'd want to get a .Mac account for.

I don't really need another IMAP account (already have 3 others and at least one of those can be accessed by WebMail), I don't have highspeed access at home so the iDisk is of limited use to me, not to mention that it was blocked by my firewall at work (the last time I checked) where I do have highspeed access, and I have a nice FW HD that I can use for back up in a snap with Carbon Copy Cloner.

I didn't see forking over (eventually) $150 Cdn for .Mac just to let my wife know d/l my schedule to the iMac in the kitchen.

That said, I'm sure that the .Mac services will grow and become more appealing over time as Apple adds to them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts