Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to the Graphics Canada Show running Thursday through Saturday at the International Centre in Toronto?

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I didn't hear about it till late and it is short.
Three days.
I may still try but doubt it.
Maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to a couple of seminars on PDF workflows, I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting, but Apple and Quark don't regularly show up and Adobe will jut be floging the CS Suite... Should be good to see the demostrations though..

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
i'll be there to see the new EPSON 4000 inket printer and to show off our new direct to postive film solution using EPSON inkjet printers up to 65 lpi (line screen) and up to 44" in width

also i have meeting with several suppliers lined up

look for the guy in white t-shirt with the MACSPECTRUM card in the CAMSTAT booth :D

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
65 lpi? is that a typo? even my screener can do 150 lpi on a giant rotary press. maybe i'm missing something.

does it cost anything? i learned about this too late to get the company to pay for it but if the cost is negligible is there anybody from this board planning to meet up as a group?

edit: i probably am missing something. what is 'direct to positive film'?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
:(

This is mostly print right??

H!

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
the direct to postive film solution is geared towards screen printers who typically use 35 or 45 lpi for signage, textile printing, etc.

they used to need an imagesetter and a processor plus chemicals and film
now,
they can make their positive film directly on mylar using stock EPSON dye based inks
also, the cost of equipment for producing 44" wide film plates would be huge since imagesetters at that size are well over $100,000 new or used

our solution with RIP and EPSON 9600 plotter (44") would be under $20,000 Cdn.

hope this clears things up
if not, please feel free to email me directly

ps - cost for attending the show is $25 at the International Cnetre

[ November 13, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: macspectrum ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GLUON - Maker of the QC extension for Quark is showing their new line for QX6 as well as versions for Indesign and other DTP Apps....

pretty cool features, no matter which app you prefer...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I posted in the wrong space, woops. I went with my university program today and was quite impressed, although after a while some of the fumes were getting to me. Altogether I think it was worthwhile, I got a free busing there and back, free entrance, ruler, loupe and shook hands with William Shatner. "He's an Epson supporter" I'm told. Did anyone see that Man Roland 64", t'was massive!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts