ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the original IPAD and with a rode trip this month from ontario down through the maritime's looking for opinions on a GPS app for use on my IPAD. I have never owned a GPS to date and am not sure if I will have rogers coverage during the trip so maybe one with preloaded maps that can be used offline if needed. Thanks for any info or assistance, much appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am using the original IPAD and with a rode trip this month from ontario down through the maritime's looking for opinions on a GPS app for use on my IPAD. I have never owned a GPS to date and am not sure if I will have rogers coverage during the trip so maybe one with preloaded maps that can be used offline if needed. Thanks for any info or assistance, much appreciated.

Paul
I use Navigon. Not the cheapest, but very functional. Unfortunately, I am not sure how well it runs (or doesn't run) on the iPad 1 and I believe you need to make sure your iPad has 3G or else it won't have a GPS chip.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I use the TomTom app. Works well and I downloaded it on my sisters iPad 1 with no issues.

I think they could have done more with all the screen space available in the UI but it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
+1 for Navigon. Use it on iPad 1, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Used to use it on iPhone 3Gs as well. Occasionally has issues pulling addresses from contacts but no major problems.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I have TomTom but I use Waze now. I love Waze. I have three possible routes to commute to/from work and Waze tells me the best one to take everytime.

·
Premium Member
5,649 Posts
I see no one has mentioned MotionX or CoPilot. I have both, but I keep going back to Navigon. It just seems like more of a pro app to me. I did have serious tracking issues with CoPilot and tech support gave me the runaround. Haven't tried it lately. I imagine my location here in Labraodr may have something to do with their maps. Navigon is flawless. Used it on a 14,000 km jaunt last summer without a glitch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts