Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty ticked off. Been trying to change my address online for my tax return. Caught in this loop of ePass security systems. Thought it was browser/cookie issues but finally realized it was a windows only issue.
Did the phone thing and then called the ePass people. Talked to some puppy who told me that it was security issue (told him that NASA uses Macs, don't go there) or a economy platform issue (told him that if it's windows then they're using many platform, dgt). He said he'd send the concern up the food chain.
The issue is that the ePass page says that the address security is the model for all future 'net security for gov't transactions. We're going to be left out - again.
Try it: http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/menu-e.html address change.
The ePass number is 1-866-372-7742.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hayesk wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I'll bet it will work fine if you change IE to send the Windows browser ID instead of the Mac one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
How do you do that?
But, you're right, the more people try it and complain, the more likely it will get changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.