Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I'm not so sure that ePass is Windows only. If it's the system I'm thinking of (it wasn't called ePass at the time), I worked on it. I used to work for Entrust. Entrust designed the ePass system with the government using Entrust TruePass (for which I was the prime). TruePass has worked in the past, and to my knowledge still works, with IE on the Mac. Netscape is a no go, just because Netscape sucks. I'm not sure about Safari, but I'm pretty sure it won't work either, since it wasn't around when TruePass was developed.

So if it's the system I'm thinking about, IE for Mac should work just fine if you allow cookies, java, and javascript.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Well, if I had time, or still worked at Entrust, I might have looked into it. But since I now hate high-tech, and I'm too darn busy, I guess I'll leave it up to the helpdesk people to give the public the run around.
Sorry. Now we know what VPC is for.

P.S. Future implementations of TruePass were designed for Sun Java 1.4.x (as opposed to the MS VM), so as soon as the government upgrades to a newer TruePass, Macs may work again. Unless it's their custom code messing things up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.