Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping for something new to come out at WWDC but turned out nothing.

But since the new projects are starting end of the month I really can't wait any longer.

Got it today. Pretty much a stock machine (2x2.66GHz Xeon) except with dual DVD burner. Another 4GB of RAM (to bring up to 5GB total) is coming from CanadaRAM and hopefully be here by Monday.

It's sitting at my home now and I am still in the middle of installing all the essential applications. And will do some test tomorrow to make sure the machine isn't a lemon.

Then...when everything is ready it will be heading to my office.

And the dual G5 will be on craigslist...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congratulations!

I can't wait until I can finally afford one....which won't be for another few years:-(

Still have to pay back alot of OSAP.:-(

What will you be using it for?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What will you be using it for?

Tons of stuff - Web, video, animation, print....

One of the next projects requires a lot of compositing job so I need an "After Effects machine"

I thought about getting the machine with X1900 but after seeing those horror stories people have like system freezing, overheating etc I decided to stick with the stock nvidia card.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
You do realize that a Universal version of After Effects isn't available for another couple of months right? There's no way you'll be able to run AE under Rosetta. Just thought I'd let you know in case you have deadlines.

A7

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You do realize that a Universal version of After Effects isn't available for another couple of months right? There's no way you'll be able to run AE under Rosetta. Just thought I'd let you know in case you have deadlines.

A7

I am running the CS3 preview version. I have used the software for a while with my G5 and the MacBook Pro and I find it stable enough as is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just popped in the RAM and the second HD.

Running Cinema and After Effects. The difference is so "WOW" :D

Now hoping the RAM will not go bad. As I have heard too many report on RAM causing problems. This is the reason for the first time I bought RAM from Canadian retailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.