Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,
When I try to use Google Streetview in Safari and Firefox they crash.
I'll be in map view and will drag Pegman to a street and kablooie!
Safari will flicker and then display the attached message. Firefox just crashes and shows the crash reporter window.
This started happening mid last week.
I have the latest Safari and Firefox. Mac model and OS version attached. Using Adguard 1.10.4 on both.
Font Document Letter Paper Parallel

Font Screenshot Multimedia Display device Electronic device

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I try to use Google Streetview in Safari and Firefox they crash.
Try booting up using Safe Boot Mode (press and hold shift key) and see it the problem still occurs.
If not, then the problem is due to some third-party software or browser extension.
The next hassle and problem is discovering which software is causing the problem.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Try Brave https://brave.com/download/
Firefox is flaky lately and Safari struggling in some circumstances.
Brave works better as does Chrome.
Bit surprised Catalina is working on your machine....Catalina really never got stable.

Reactions: PatakAttack

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try booting up using Safe Boot Mode (press and hold shift key) and see it the problem still occurs.
If not, then the problem is due to some third-party software or browser extension.
The next hassle and problem is discovering which software is causing the problem.

- Patrick
=======
Thanks Patrick, will do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Brave https://brave.com/download/
Firefox is flaky lately and Safari struggling in some circumstances.
Brave works better as does Chrome.
Bit surprised Catalina is working on your machine....Catalina really never got stable.
Thanks MacDoc, I keep hearing about Catalina being unstable. Never had problems until last week. Brave is awesome!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morning all, since the problem happened on Safari and Firefox and Brave started to act skwirrly, I decide to backstep to Mojave. All is good now and I can again use some of my older apps that Catalina said no-no to. Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
Yeah Mojave rocks.

Reactions: PatakAttack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day. I registered here because I myself was looking for a fix for my father, yet like so many of you here I couldn't figure it out.
He had the same issue with his older Macbook and asked me to look into this, but I did find out the fix in the end. I'm hoping to share it here so you can all enjoy your system again.

A reinstall of macOS Catalina temporarily fixed his problem, until automatic updates brought the issue back.
Reinstalling Safari (the installer package for Catalina) did not fix anything.

In the end, the (very simple!) fix comes down to the following:

In the Safari Menu Bar, go to Develop >> Experimental Features >> then check both WebGL 2.0 and WebGL via Metal.

If Develop is not in the Safari Menu bar, go to Safari >> Preferences >> Advanced >> and tick "Show Develop menu in menu bar" down the bottom.

I hope this helps out most of the folks in this thread. Have a nice day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts