Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
Tiger direct is not competitive. And they are probably going online purchases only.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tiger direct is not competitive. And they are probably going online purchases only.
They are retreating to an online model - outside of 3 stores apparently. Flagship in MIA, some store near their distro centre in GA, and a B2B location in Puerto Rico. wild.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I generally found their prices too high to bother with. Canada Computers kicked their ass.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
I didn't know Tiger Direct ever had brick and mortar stores! I've never seen one. I always thought they were just an online seller.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I didn't know Tiger Direct ever had brick and mortar stores! I've never seen one. I always thought they were just an online seller.
There isn't one near me, all in the suburbs around Toronto. I've been but nothing startling.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
I thought Tiger Direct was online only as well. I stopped buying from them as every time I did for business, I would get a call from someone saying they would be looking after my business account. I got the whole spiel on how they can help me and sometimes get better prices. This was great, except the the job position seemed to constantly changing personal every 4 or 5 months and I would get a new call from a new rep looking after my account. I do not even buy that much, I had purchased 3 items in a 6 month period. I look at Canada Computers first and hope they have it at a local store so I can just walk in and pick it up.

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
LOL i also have a business account with them.. with a credit line and all.. I probably purchased 3 times in 6 years...

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I look at Canada Computers first and hope they have it at a local store so I can just walk in and pick it up.
Ditto. They are generally cheapest as well, and their online inventory system appears accurate.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I just received a phone call from CDI, followed by CDW - I explained to them that I purchase wholesale, the sales pitch increased with we are cheaper than the wholesalers LOL
at which point I mentioned that I really don't require their services and exhaustively between the sales pitch; I screamed out - they have been blocked in our phone and mail servers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts