Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good wacom tablet. points of pressure is not a big deal. it is going to be used mostly to select paths and do general paintbrushing with photoshop. i was looking at the graphire2, would this be ok for wha i need. oh yeah it has to be usb or firewire 400.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I would say the Graphire2 is perfect for your application. The Intuos series is intended for those who do a lot of graphic arts and digital painting. No sense in spending more than you need to. The graphire is USB

·
Registered
226 Posts
Agreed with adagio; Intuo is really only worth it if you're going to be doing stuff that requires extreme pressure sensitivity. The Graphire 2 is awesome. I do a lot of sketching & painting with it, and it works great; well over 100 hours on it (at least!), and it's still going strong.
512 points of pressure = *thumbs up* For painting and path selection, etc., 512 is much more than enough. ...heh, I have a friend who's in 4th year of art school, and she still uses an old 3x5" Graphire 1 that's god-knows-how-old, and it still suits her purpose. That's the nice thing with a reliable brand like Wacom; the product doesn't need to be cutting edge to produce quality results.

[/Wacom commercial]

·
Registered
59 Posts
just my two cents.

buy the BIGGEST wacom tablet you can afford, youll regret having a tiny 4x5 tablet in the long run.

i have an Intuos 9x12 tablet (the 12x12 was the same price, but the 9x12 came with the 5 button mouse which i like)
and it takes a lot of desk space, but working with it increases productivity like mad cuz you can work SO MUCH faster than using a mouse.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I'd second the statement above, but the biggest one you can afford. The Graphire 3 is going to come in a 6x8 size as well as the standard 4x5. In the long run you will be much happier with it.

--PB

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't buy too big though. My 12x18" is stupid-big, almost too big to ues.

They are all wicked though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts