Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to almost every home Toronto FC game this year. They are so much fun, and I'm a complete hard core fan.

Was at this past Sunday's game when David Beckham came to town to sit on the bench. Almost every Toronto FC fan could give a rats @$$ about Beckham, but the hype and static of the match was fun, as well as some "creative" chants we had for him. Was a real blast with 21,000 fans with coverage by ESPN, CBC and Channel 5 in the UK.

There is a soccer show that's playing in the UK called, "David Beckham's Soccer in America" that's about the MLS. On their 3rd show, they did a bit about Toronto FC and David's visit to Toronto.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrx_7LqqF8"]The show's on YouTube here.[/ame]

Just before the David Beckham interview, they cut to some Toronto FC fans. See if you recognize the big tall guy right at 6:27. Hurray, my .5 seconds of fame!

The whole video is quite interesting and all the shows from the series are online as well.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You look like you're enjoying yourself Mr. Mayor.

I'm glad you see some excitement in the game.

(I liken it to watching paint dry.) ;)
I'm sure I'd rather chew on glass than do or watch many of the things you find exciting, but that's ok... to each his own. :)

Even if soccer isn't your thing, the atmosphere and build-up to the game is really fun. The supporters groups get together at a bar, drink lots and sing and chant. We rented several double-decker buses to take to the game.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
I'm sure I'd rather chew on glass than do or watch many of the things you find exciting, but that's ok... to each his own. :)

Even if soccer isn't your thing, the atmosphere and build-up to the game is really fun. The supporters groups get together at a bar, drink lots and sing and chant. We rented several double-decker buses to take to the game.
Now that sounds more like the kind of thing we do for a CFL football game. Like you said, to each his own, that's why I mentioned you looked like you were havin' fun. Keep on busin"! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts