117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:
:D ;)

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hey Doc

I will keep it short so I do not make spelling errors.

Good morning.
Now I have been nailed for spelling and gramer and proper sentence sturcture in ehmac. I did not receive very good training in school. It just does not sink in for me. I attended both College and now University and I still stink.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clockwork, for this morning's spelling lesson kindly write out the words "grammar" and "structure" 1,739 times on the blackboard (a strategy that I hate).

·
Registered
543 Posts
Glad to see you up and feeling so chipper. Clockwork, maybe it's not your spellling that is wrong, could be it's just your typpping.I could sure use a coffee. :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clockwork, eyes on your own paper, and keep writing. Lotus, sit down and start writing out the word "typing" 2,383 times. GET TO WORK!!!!!!! Coffee is for the weak. Work makes you strong. Might is Right. War is Peace. LONG LIVE BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!

Aren't you all glad that these days are long gone from the educational system?

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Yeah. My mom was saying when she went to school in England they were very cruel. They used to wack her with a ruler, make the left handed kids right with their right hands. Geeze. I think the teachers have to little power these days. Too much back then too little now. Anyway Doc I was asking in the other post, from what you were saying, are you an American living in Canada?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ah! You missed the spelling (spellling) so does that excuse me for the typpping? Two wrongs make a right! I really do need that coffee.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lotus, I did miscue upon the spelling of your word "spellling", but for making a fool of the teacher, I shall demand that your write out the phrase that Clockwork misused -- "the left handed kids right with their right hands". We "write" with our "right" hand. Left-handed children may "write" with their left hand. I give up on you both. Go to the principal's office and paraphrase for him Chomsky's principle of transformational grammar. Then, rather than see you again, go jump into the sea. Or, go to Timmins and mine for some ore. Better still, create a web site and get out of my sight!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clockwork, for the record, I am an American citizen who came to Canada in 1977. I became a Canadian citizen five years ago on July 1st, aboard the HMS St.John's which was docked in the St.John's harbor.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am an American citizen. Right now with what is happening in the states, I am not sure that it is something to be proud of. With all the red tape to get my Landed Immigrants card renewed I am considering just getting citizenship
I can't find the principal's office. You're stuck with me.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lotus/Clockwork, I came to St.John's, NL as a landed immigrant, to teach at Memorial University of Newfoundland. I was born and raised in New York City, of a father born in Brooklyn,NY and a mother born in Montreal, PQ. I teach literacy courses here at MUN to teachers-in-training and grad students. With the grade 12/13 cohort from Ontario, we should get a great many students from your province who want to become teachers, but cannot get in to an Ontario university. Students come here from TO and are amazed at how inexpensive, by TO standards, a rental apartment or house will be based on the nearness to the university.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My mother's parents are from Quebec so I always felt a connection to Canada. I am from Illinois and transferred to Toronto to open head office for an insurance company. It is unfortunate that more kids cannot get into universities here. Knowledge is power.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lotus, greetings from my Land o' Lincoln Doxies. Would you believe that my wife bypassed a breeder in Ottawa to fly TWICE to Chicago to pick up our two standare wirehaired dachshunds.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
The sates is more expensive for post secondary to my understanding is it not?
I heard a lot of kids from the states are coming to school in Canada because it is cheaper here. Geeze I owe so much money for school and I pay about $1000 a credit/ one full year course including books. It is brutal.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr.G.:
I became a Canadian citizen five years ago on July 1st, aboard the HMS St.John's which was docked in the St.John's harbor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's romantic. My wife and I were married aboard the Carnival cruise ship Ecstacy, docked in the Port of Miami.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bjornbro, my wife and I were married outside in Calgary just before a summer hailstorm. Your marriage was romantic, and mine was lucky. Still, we are still happily married after seven years, so something (dare I call it love???) is on our side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts