Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For our ehMac readers out West, what are the good Apple Authorized Dealers you like to shop at? Not looking for Walmart Mac dealers, want to know the ones that have a good showroom and have knowledgeable Mac staff. You know, like Carbon Computing.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
West World is in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Victoria.
http://www.westworld.ca/

Simply Computing is in Vancouver, Surrey and Kelowna
http://www.simply.ca/computing/index.html

MacStation is in Vancouver, Burnaby and Maple Ridge.
http://www.macstation.com/

Personally, I like Simply Computing best of the three, with MacStation a close second. I can't speak for the Alberta stores, but I have never really had a good experience with WestWorld in Vancouver or Victoria. MacDaddy works at the one in Calgary, so it can't be all bad.

--PB

·
Registered
645 Posts
ehMax I vote for MacStation in Vancouver, great bunch of guys
Simply Computing is also good in Vancouver. MacStation is where I saw my first LCD iMac when they arrived, I got to play with it for hours and play with the iPod :D They treated me pretty good with technical problems if had any and also with the items I purchased. Funny thing was, I didn't expect them to help me out since I hadn't bought my Mac from them, I thought that was pretty cool. I had just moved out there.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Out West?

You mean like London Ontario? Thats west, baby.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
There's also mymacdealer in Calgary which has recieved a great deal of praise from a few people on this forum. I've only bought stuff from Westworld so I can't personally vouch for them, but Westworld has been running some radio ads which I found surprising.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can't say I've had particularly good experiences with either ReStart or Soho (both in Victoria).

I've found David Cosburn at CompuSmart to be really honest and helpful and very knowledgable about Mac.

- smw

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Mac Service Dealer in Edmonton

If you want great service or help with your Mac in the Edmonton area, go see Joe at Caldraft. He's super. So helpful and knows so much. Check him out.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Simply, Kelowna

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry if this sounds like a rant...

[edited] no point in complaining about how bad I think the two Calgary Mac dealers are. I prefer FS, BB and LD.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
If you want great service or help with your Mac in the Edmonton area, go see Joe at Caldraft. He's super. So helpful and knows so much. Check him out.
Well, seeing as this post was dredged up from who knows where, I guess I will have to go see who this Joe person is. It must have been important.

I will report back.

Be on your toes, Joe!

s.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
If he started a new thread, we would have scolded him for not using the search feature. If he digs this thread up, we mock him for replying to a 4-year old thread. On ehMac, there's just no winning the approval of senior members. ;) :D

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
If he started a new thread, we would have scolded him for not using the search feature. If he digs this thread up, we mock him for replying to a 4-year old thread. On ehMac, there's just no winning the approval of senior members. ;) :D
Hi,

I can't figure out that search feature. If someone held a gun to my head and demanded me to find something on ehmac with the built in search I would have to pull the trigger myself.

Does anyone else find it useless?

Oh, and I won't bring a gun, Joe.

s.:rolleyes:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Haha! How true. vBulletin forums (not just ehMac) have terrible search engines. Regardless of what you search for, at least for me, the first 20 results will always be the last 20 recent threads posted, while the results I'm actually looking for will be on page 12 of 70. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts