Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Very good article, although of all the people, who would think David Pogue (who even has a cult following) could write "I had no idea you could use it across the Atlantic".

What about the cross Atlantic conversations that Jobs has demoed? (Or the tales here of Moscool being able to connect to Caillou, and the connection problems on Caillou's end) Very strange, although I believe he just made a mistake thinking it wouldn't work outside the States like the iTunes Music Store or something similar.

Also, for those who don't want to register with the NY Times, but still want to know what happened in the article;
MacCentral's article on "Pogue on iSight, iChat AV"

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Excellent article. BTW still no luck but I was able to connect with Adagio instantly and with reasonable quality.

The only trouble is loneliness :rolleyes:

Less than 3% of the world to communicate with...

(reminder: AOL never really took off in Europe)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Moscool/Caillou iChat update:

Moscool and Caillou can now iChat over the Atlantic! Both running Panther now. Culprit seemed to have been the mix of Panther and Jaguar, or just the beta version of iChat AV not running well, period.

Thanks anyhow to all who tried their best to help. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Yup, can also confirm that it works well under WiFi. Now all we need is to convince a few more friends to switch, otherwise we will soon grow tired of this exclusive relationship... Time for some fooling around!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts