Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all:

As was pointed out a couple of weeks ago, Aspyr has slashed prices on many Mac games. Good deals, but you get charged $10 US for shipping, and an extra hit from Canada Customs. (I checked with Macaholic, who was charged $18 for his order).

But I found some pretty decent deals at camelot.ca in Montreal. They offer free shipping within Canada, and if you use your VISA and type in code "VISA2004AF" you'll get an extra 10% off! (until Feb 29)

I ordered Spider-Man & Sims Livin' Large, and it only cost me 63 bucks, GST included. They actually have alot to choose from.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but I stopped my order when I got this message (using Safari v1.2):

Is this website on the up and up? Has anyone else ordered from them? Should I proceed with my order anyway?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure they're genuine - they have four retail outlets and are evidently owned by Quebecor - one of the largest publishing firms in Canada.
I'm using IE, and never got that message. But I sent off your attachment to both their systems administrator and web sales department and asked for their attention into the matter.

I'll let y'all know how they respond. Of course, in the case that I never get my order, I'll also be sure to voice my (ahem) opinion!

Thanks for posting that jpeg!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've run into this problem recently.

You should let them know that they probably have 2 security certificates in place and for some reason the Mac links up with the old, invalid one. PCs seem to link to the current one.

Their host will have to straighten this out.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Yeah, I got nailed $18.00 duty on those games -- and yet, my dual 1.3GHz G4 upgrade made it across the border with unscathed :confused: Given these two scenarios, paying duty on those games doesn;t seem so bad.

In the end, I got Spiderman, Jedi Academy (an excellent game, BTW), and Escape From Monkey Island for $114.00.
I see that they have Citizen Kabuto for $29.00. That's only CAN$3 more than ordering it from Macplay, themselves. With free shipping and that discount, it would be cheaper at that Canadian site.

Jedi Academy is CAN$10.00 cheaper at Aspyr, without discounts etc. at that Canadian site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts