Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey. does anyone konw of a cheap pda or handheld device of any type that i could get for really, really cheap? i just want it for school so i can take notes, come home, hook it up to my mac and upload the info because it is a requirement from some of my teachers to have our notes typed up anyways so I am just saving time this way. thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Well, in terms of cheapest out there...you can't really go wrong with the Palm Zire. It is their cheapest model.

although, I can't see how using a Palm to take notes in a classroom setting would be very productive. I mean...I am extremely fast at writing with Graffiti, but it would be hell to take notes. Especially if I had to add graphs and junk like that.

Although...you could also buy one of those small, folding Palm keyboards too (depending on the size of your desk in the classroom setting).

Good luck.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I actually have used some of my friend's PALM devices with Graffiti and it's not that bad for me.... I am really fast at it :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I own a Sony Clie SL10 which goes for $179. Has 8mb of memory with a hi-res screen. Very nice, except it doesn't use rechargable batteries, just 2 regualr AAAs. Any way, I suggest you take a look at this model over a Palm Zire, which is just a toy with only 2mb of memory. Plus all Sony Clies come with Documents to Go software that will let you write Word and Excel files on your PDA and then sync them to your PC/Mac.

Although I should note, I'm not sure if you can use Sony's PDAs on a Mac.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts