Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...the Globe actually printed something that is not blatantly anti-Mac.

Check it out!

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
In fact, I'd say very pro Mac. We need more of these types of articles to boost the image.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
A special thank you would have to go to Sandy who also so happens to be an ehMac citizen here. ehMax had a thread earlier on the article. Nice find VGG.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
The Globe isn't anti-Mac in many respects. The ROB magazine has lots of tid bits on Macs and the reporting of Apple is significantly out of proportion to the user base and the fact that Apple is but one of 30+ PC companies. Indeed, the Globe (and many other papers) often contain hidden pro-Mac nuances.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So while we are on the topic of the Globe and Mail and Mac I want to ask others about something that drives me crazy. Since I am still - yes still - using OS 9.2.2 I use Explorer (5.1) as my browser. When I access the Globe's pages none of the text wraps around the images leaving you with typically a long vertical string of text that is not the most pleasant way of reading. I wrote their tech types on this topic 6 months ago and no response and no change. has anybody else who might be regular Globe reader on the web notice this??

It's beyond me why their tech people wouldn't address this. (let alone have the simple courtesy to respond with more than "we have forwarded your suggestions to blah blah blah) :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
From what I've heard most of the newspaper industry is still using Macs. It's quite common to hear these type of reports.

It's unlikely you will find negative reports about Macs from the newsmedia. These folks are professionals so they can afford the best hardware and software for the job. Publishing has long been a stronghold of the Mac.

For the average computer user the Mac loses due to the high cost. Although newspapers may be using Macs they have to report on what most readers are interested in (ie. PCs).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.