Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a teaser in the March issue of the Report on Business Magazine regarding an article being written for the April issue (in response to a question from a reader thinking of buying a Mac).

Here's how it ends: "All I can say so far is that I've put a new iMac with a pivoting 17-inch flat-panel monitor right next to the Dell system currently hogging my desk. It has the same visual effect as parking a BMW Z8 next to a 1986 Dodge minivan. Which would you rather be seen driving?" (No offense ehMax...).

After that abysmal article in the National Post, it'll be interesting to hear of the writers experience.

BTW, I ordered the "Getting Started with Mac OS 10.2" CD from Apple Canada for my wife (thanks for some detective work by RtC). It eventually arrived and I installed it this weekend. It has 90 movies! So far, my wife seems to appreciate it. It's partially aimed at switchers (although its difficult to get hold of and you have to buy a separate licence (for 1-9 users) unless you are a K12 teacher in which case it comes free with the free OS 10.2 kit.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
jwoodget, a friend of mine who is a web designer for MUN has his office a floor below mine in the Faculty of Education building. When I went to see him about two weeks ago, there was a crowd in front of his office of nearly 25 people. I thought that it was either a party or someone had just dropped dead, since everyone was talking freely, but in hushed tones. When I peaked in to Albert's office, there was his new iMac, which he had ordered on New Year's eve. Well, if he had a drunken giraffe on roller skates in his office it would have caused less of a "gawkers paradise". Everyone wanted to see his new computer. I have never seen such a response from any other form of computer. I remember the stir caused by the arrival of the first flat screen monitor in our faculty, but it was nothing compared to this event. Yes, the analogy in the G&M is an accurate description of this situation.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr. G. Better order in some screech and seal flipper pies for the arrival of your "BMW Z8".

Don't see many drunken giraffes in Toronto, but compared to the Rock, we're downright boring.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts