Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,140 Posts
Whoa..... please don't make pronouncements about the ill effects of dairy produce affecting 70% of people. While it is true that some people are lactose-intolerant, it's also true that most dietary problems are due to poor diets rather than one particular component. It is probably a good idea to order a Kosher (or any other special) meal on a airline (especially TransYuk) because of several reasons:

1. You get it first, when its most likely to be hot.
2. It's not so mass-produced
3. It's a change

Personally, I avoid eating while actually flying (unless I get upgraded). I hate being trapped by the tray for 60 minutes. Also see this site. Much better to just get drinks (and water is definitely good) and listen to iTunes or watch a DVD.

There's a web site that tracks food served on planes called AirlineMeals.Net. It's hilarious what gets served sometimes and Air Canada doesn't do well overall (although I prefer them to most US airlines). I've taken 72 flights to date this year (118,000 miles). Only one was memorable -a 747 had to return to Pearson cos the undercarriage wouldn't retract..... They weren't serving chicken soup.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,140 Posts
Whatever works for you macnutt, but reaction to milk is the least of our problems - if you ask me. I do know a bit about this as my wife is a dietician. I drink milk and eat cheese. BTW, there are about a thousand things that humans do that no other species does (including several hundred types of dietary behaviours). Kinda makes it difficult to blame any one behavour as being bad for us (or eliminate any of them). I don't think there is any evidence that a Kosher diet is associated with increased health either.

Let's agree to disagree on the benefits/problems with dairy produce.

Live life (my wife's registration plate - actually, its LVE LIFE so if can be live or love).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.