Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously created and published, to a folder, a web site using iWeb.

Today I created a new site, and published it to a different folder. Now I cannot seem to be able to get iWeb to open the original site. I even restored yesterday's comm.apple.iweb preferences, but no luck.

How do I open that previous site in iWeb?? (I have deleted the new site's folder, but it still manages to open the new site when I fire up iWeb).

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have managed to find and restore the "domain" file which put me back to yesterday.
All is now fine.

But the question now is, how do I manage two web sites (only published to folders, not to .mac) with iWeb????

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
File/Publish to Folder. :)

Each iWeb site is self contained.. meaning that once you put it anywhere in a directory, if you point a URL to it, it will work. There is a separate index.html file for every site you make with iWeb.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but every time I open up iWeb, it always opens up the most recent project. If I have saved 3 different projects to three different folders, how do I select which of the three projects gets opened when iWeb is fired up?

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
iWeb is almost like iPhoto in that regard. It doesn't allow for much customization.

When you publish, all 3 will be published to the same folder. Then, all you do is replace your site with the newly published folder (1 of the 3). You HAVE to publish all 3 with iWeb at the same time.. I'm hoping that is fixed with a new revision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm stuck

My friend emailed me the website he made on iweb. I posted it using fetch to the domain. I now need to edit the website. I can't find the domain file. Any help locating it will be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
My friend emailed me the website he made on iweb. I posted it using fetch to the domain. I now need to edit the website. I can't find the domain file. Any help locating it will be greatly appreciated.

Aaron
Your friend will need to email or FTP you the "domain" file from his computer. That file is not included in what gets uploaded to a server.

Be aware that using your friend's "domain" file will REPLACE and DESTROY your existing one. Using iWebSites will prevent this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts