Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh coffee is ready on this cold (-12C) and sunny St.John's morning. Wake up everyone and greet a new day.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Free coffee and there were no takers!?! Only in Canada. Pity.

Something to think about, especially during the holiday season:

An old Cherokee man is teaching his grandson about life.

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger,envy,sorrow,regret, greed,arrogance, self-pity, guilt,resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride,superiority, and ego.

The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,humility,kindness,benevolence, empathy,generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
The evil one is winning, I think. No takers for the fresh coffee, eh? Maybe that's because the Doxiexpress doesn't deliver the goods (forget the 30 or free....not at all !! ) So-o-o-o, the problem is....not only is the coffee not fresh, it never comes :( . Those doxies should be chastised for incompetence. They're probably just sneaking behind the garage and eating the food and drink orders. Can't trust dogs when it comes to food, you know.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter, I have the signature of one Peter X. Scharman at 1313 Wistful Vista Drive in Kitchner, ON. The doxies delivered their items in 27 minutes. In fact, we have it all on DoxieCam. I would post the pictures of you petting Daisy on the head and Rootie keeping an eye on your neighbor if SOMEONE would tell me how to post a jpeg on this forum.

Thus, as I said, it was either you who signed or your evil twin brother.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
If there was a way to post an image without having a web URL, you'd be in trouble because then you'd have to cough up these claimed pictures or eat crow (mmmmm.....tasty!) By the way, I don't live on Wistful Vista, but on a similarly named street called Wishful Thinking Lane. You have the wrong Peter Scharman (common name). He's the nicer one who pets dogs. I see yor doxies are named Daisy and Rootie,....wooooo... sounds tough! What ever happened to the good names like "Killer" and "Thrasher"? ;)

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter, FYI, my doxies are trained killers. Killer, Thrasher and Fang were Rotwillers that my two doxies chased out of the community. Claw and Mean were two pit bulls that have not been seen since confronting my two doxies. We also have Rags, a mutt, who once chased the coyotes off of my wife's ranch outside of Calgary. No, no one comes in to our home without our permission.....at least they don't live to tell the tale of their "break and enter". We also have a bigger dog, Max, but he's a wimp, so he is just here for show.

Too bad that you were not the Peter Scharman that received our deluxe breakfast last week. Peter X. seemed quite pleased with the nice note that he attached to Rootie's collar. Such is Life.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I would post the pictures of you petting Daisy on the head and Rootie keeping an eye on your neighbor <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Killer dogs eh?? A stranger petting Daisy on the head and Rootie nervous of a neighbour. I'd say they're suffering from "vertically challenged complex".....ankle biters at worst (wurst?)

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Peter, they may be killers, but they never attack unless provoked (petting does not count as an overt threat), and Rootie was watching the neighbor to protect the delivery. "vertically challenged complex" is a common problem with doxies and their spines. Care needs to be taken when they try to jump off of beds and sofas.

Doxie Joke of the Day -- Where does a 30 pound doxie sleep? Anywhere he/she wants to in the house. Where does an 800 pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere in the house where there are no doxies.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peter, I sent your email address to Ofoto, which is the online arm of Kodak. You may view one of the early albums of Daisy and Rootie. They don't sell their lists of names and if you don't want to join they don't hassle you, although you won't be able to see the pics. The violent training pics were removed by order of the webmaster.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I viewed the photo album of your wire haired "children" in all their cute poses. I see what you mean by their "killer" nature. The only thing left of that cheerleader they got hold of was her pom-poms/

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Peter, luckily, all the blood was removed from the pictures. As well, it was an intruder dressed as a cheerleader, and did HE receive the surprise of his life when he asked to come in and request a donation to send the team to Ottawa.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess the Toronto Star will print just about anything. Sad.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Question, how come Peter is stuck on 158 posts and I am stuck on 469 posts throughout this thread? In that I have a terminal case of Doxieitis, I doubt that I shall live long enough to reach 1000 posts. However, 500 would be nice before I pass beyond the light, and I shall never be able to accomplish this if the posts are not properly recorded. Count the chad and dimples and help me die a happy man.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Whine, whine, whine!......I suspect that any given topic only counts as one post, regardless of how many times you reply. If you post "Good Morning Peter" for the next 28 days, you'll have your 500 posts and can then stop fretting. You will probably also realize, like when you turn a year older, that nothing is different....same old, same old.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Peter, I am cut to the quick!!! And to think that I left my doxies to you in my will. Maybe I should leave them to Peter X.Scharman at 1313 Wistful Vista Drive. He is kind and considerate of the feelings of loyal doxies and dying profs. Such is Life.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm releived that you have decided not to leave the doxies to me in your will. I am not worthy :(
Since having 500 posts is so important to you, will there be a big party when it happens?

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Peter, with 20 posts to go, and these posts not being counted, and only a week to live, I sadly doubt there will be much of a celebration. I am told that Bob Hope has agreed to do my eulogy, since Uncle Miltie is no longer with us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.