Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a problem with my brand new nano, so I brought it in to Apple and they replaced it on the spot. Now the replacement nano has the same problem, so I looked up the serial# and there is no Warranty on it.

I was under the impression that whatever original warranty I had left on my first Ipod would be transfered to my replacement, and in this case it would have been the whole 1 year that was remaining.

Am I wrong in assuming that?

What do I do now?

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
You are still covered, but you should either call Apple Canada in order to provide this information, or see if you can enter it on the website.

You'll want to check if you have a full one-year warranty on the replacement, or just the remainder of your original warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
what kind of problem?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is that it has a loose connection,

when I plug it into the usb cable it dosen't connect, I can wiggle it around and get it to connect but it's a pain to have to do it everytime. Sometimes I have to put my cell phone on the ipod to put weight on it and keep the cable in the right position.

I'll give Apple a try, I just hope they don't give me a hard time.

thnx guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Applecare is tied to the original date of purchase.

Find your copy of Applecare and you will be ok.

Right now I am trying to get my son's iPod repaired and can't find mine.

It has been replaced once no problem .

Last Thursday my son had another issue and I phoned Apple to try and resolve it.

SInce it has been replaced once the serial # is different and they want the proof of purchase of the original iPod.

I don't have it as my wife won it .

Although Apple could tell me I had 171 days remaining , which is
now 164 since I can't locate mine my agreement as yet .

Hope you have better luck than I am having.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Talked to two people at Apple today and my coverage problem has been solved.

Apparently when we got the replacement for the original iPod they discovered that the AppleCare was not switched to the new serial # which was their fault .

They had all the serial numbers .

Also I believe they are going to give me the week I lost ( of AppleCare) in trying to resolve the problem.

I must keep better track of my paperwork

1 - 7 of 7 Posts