Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ehMacs,

I am wondering what other ehMac users have for Genealogy Software. I only know of the software called Reunion. I am always surprised when I mix with others interested in Genealogy, that there are not more Mac users.

Currently, there is a genealogy website that is doing a poll, I suppose to determine the software systems they may need to consider in supporting their users needs. If you want to vote to support Mac software that you use for genealogy, then go to this website and vote. At present, from their list I only recognize Reunion as a Mac software. If you use Reunion, then you may be interested in adding your vote.
http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/polls.aspx

:)

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
I use Reunion. They recently released version 9, but I'm still using 8. I find some things more difficult to do than they should be, but it's a very powerful app. I assume that version 9 is even better.

Thanks for the link. I guess I'll go add my vote.

·
Premium Member
23,459 Posts
We use Reunion as well.

Used version 5 on an older machine running OS 8.1, then transferred the files over to a MDD running OS 10.3 where it wouldn't run. The files sat there unused for 4 years and then got transferred over to our Mac Pro on 10.4 a couple of months back. Two weeks ago we upgraded to Reunion v. 9. Aside from importing the files to make sure they worked, we haven't really done anything else.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Personal Ancestry Writer II for Mac OS X.

Not the snaziest looking app but it works for keeping records.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MacFamilyTree4

After years of using Family Tree Maker, I had to change to Reunion 8 for the OSX platform. I find it just as good and equally easy to use. There is a new program for Mac "MacFamilyTree4" in a trial version - I have not tried it yet. DK who makes it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.