Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow,
I picked up a copy of iLife onthe way home and have been playing around with it.

It's just plain awsome!

I have made a couple of tracks and want to post them, but I cannot find an mp3 encoder for the MAC. What encoders are available? Preferable free

Cheers,
B.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey,
According to the site, there should be an "Export to iTunes" option--I assumed that meant to mp3 format as well, but check it out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I find it annoying that if you close a project window, the application quits. You must OPEN or NEW it, for the app to stay open. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to increase sample's view size vertically, even though you can horizontally (the zoom feature, on bottom left). I found that if my PowerBook G4 was low on battery power, GarageBand would spit out a bunch of errors regarding performance lackings. Lastly, this is an app, much like the Final Cut family, that really enjoys the freedom of tons of screen real estate.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sounds to me that GarageBand is definitely still suffering from the v1.0 blues.

But so far, it sounds like an awesome product...

*SIGH* Gonna have to spend some more money!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Just use iTunes dude."

While there is an option to export to iTunes, unfortunatly it's not in mp3 format. It's aiff or something like that. I can then convert to aac, but I cannot find the command to convert to mp3. Can this be done within iTunes?

Cheers,
B.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
iTunes has a preference that dictates what format you want your audio imports to be. I also believe there is an export options as well -- but I'm at work so I don't have iTunes in front of me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx MannyP!

I changed the settings and now I have mp3!

Cheers,
B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts