Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Imagine
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've copied a piece of music from cassette tape (remember those?) into Garage Band '09. I've got a tremendous amount of 'hiss'.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to eliminate or minimize the hiss through Garage Band or another 3rd party application (hopefully free).

Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sounds like you either had a bad cable, or the more likely is that the volume was turned up to high on the cassette deck and it clipped while you were recording it... You'll need to re record it if I'm right.. And don't put the volume on the deck past 50%

·
Imagine
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I'm going to give it another try and follow your suggestions. I'm connecting directly from the tape deck's headphone jack to the audio input jack on my Macbook. The cable is brand new of of good quality. But... I'll let you know as soon as I get to it.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Thanks,

I'm going to give it another try and follow your suggestions. I'm connecting directly from the tape deck's headphone jack to the audio input jack on my Macbook. The cable is brand new of of good quality. But... I'll let you know as soon as I get to it.
Use Dolby on your cassette or pull down the treble somewhat. Cassettes always boosted the treble with Dolby so they could be attenuated on playback. It has nothing to do with GarageBand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts