Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to play Warcraft III between two computers that are connected by a router. One is on Airport, the other is connected by ethernet cable to the router. The game indicates you should just see the other gamer, but I can't. Does anyone know if there is anything I need to do to let us play the game together. The computers are running Tiger. One is a macmini and the other is a G4 1.25 Ghz Power PC.

Also the Network of the G4 can see the macmini, but the mac mini network doesn't show any other computers. There seems to be some networking stuff I don't understand. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

tackjibe

·
Mac Guru
14,623 Posts
Also the Network of the G4 can see the macmini, but the mac mini network doesn't show any other computers.
This is because the Power Mac G4 1.25 GHz has file-sharing turned OFF.

System Preferences > Sharing > Personal File Sharing -- make sure it is checked off.

Is your router a wireless one? Both computer should be connecting to the same router, not different routers, even if they're all interconnected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.