Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a big time gamer and i figure it would be a great place to tell us which or what are your favorite game(s)
Mine, well i have a few, but i will leave the Xbox 360 out of here as it is M****soft talk.
Unreal tournament 2004, Age of empires 2 and 3, Quake 3 and 4 and of course, Homeworld 2

Ok Xbox 360 now LOL
Gears of war, Burnout Revenge, Doom3 and of course, Halo 1 and 2. Dying to get Halo War and Halo 3

But i won't be able to play my Xbox for at least 2 weeks as the dvd drive is gone, so i just sent it back to M***soft to have it fixed, So in the mean time, i'll play my sweet computer game on my mac. :cool:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Grand Theft Auto (Vice & San Andreas)
Need For Speed series
Half Life 2 (the reason I built I PC)

no that it is a game per se, but X Plane 8 is pretty amazing on my 24 inch iMac.

(my wife bought me a PS2 two Christmases ago so I could play GTA San Andreas, but when it came out on PC, I stopped using the console---she was not happy)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm not a big-time gamer, but have found myself addicted to two games since the new iMac arrived. First it was Civilization IV, which I would play for hours and hours at a time. Then I got Call of Duty 2 which was pretty good in single player, but I've been playing online for about 3 months and I seriously think I have a problem. I've caught myself spending 5 or 6 hours at a time playing, because it's so much fun. The online community with COD2 is pretty cool - everyone typically just chills and has fun as far as the servers that I've checked out. There are over 8000 servers that update on the list, so you can easily find a few that have amazing ping rates for good play speed.

This coming from someone who actually hasn't installed games on his last two Macs.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Favourite games for my Mac include UT2004 and World of Warcraft, though I swore off the latter over a year ago due to time constraints.

Favs for the Xbox360 are Gears of War, Crackdown and Oblivion.

Due to my Crackdown purchase I have been playing the Halo 3 beta for the last couple of weeks...boy am I going to miss it come Sunday. :(

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Mac: Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and Athena Sword, but mostly play casual games on the Mac like MyMahj, Pax Galaxia and UniSoduko since I got the PS3.

PS3: Right now, Oblivion, but I really enjoyed Resistance: Fall Of Man, Call of Duty 3, F.E.A.R., Need For Speed Carbon. Just started playing the Warhawk beta, think it's going to be a great game.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Favourite games for my Mac include UT2004 and World of Warcraft, though I swore off the latter over a year ago due to time constraints.

Favs for the Xbox360 are Gears of War, Crackdown and Oblivion.

Due to my Crackdown purchase I have been playing the Halo 3 beta for the last couple of weeks...boy am I going to miss it come Sunday. :(
You're actually going to miss halo 2.5?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Currently enjoying some oldies as well as some newer ones:

Rainbow Six 3 (+expansion), Warcraft 3 (+expansion), Age of Empires 3, Splinter Cell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fave Games

I just wrapped up "Prey" which provides an original spin on the FPS genre. A worthwhile diversion.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm not a gamer at all, but Call of Duty 2 is a great game. I'm more than irked that CoD3 won't be available for computers... Don't want to spend $600 on a console. :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
man, i can't wait to get the MBP.... it'll be the most powerful computer I've ever owned and I can't wait to see games in full quality and not at low for once!

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
Mac: Quake 3 & 4, Sauerbraten, Bejeweled, Super Collapse 3 and Scrabble.

Windows via Bootcamp: Half Life, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Battlefield 2.

Wii: Wii Sports and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Best Game Ever!) :D

That's about it. :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well, my xbox has been out of commission for a while, but hopefully that will be back up soon.

In the mean time, I've been finally doing the expansions for Neverwinter Nights. I'm not much of a FPS fan, and I tend to lean much more to RPGs. Actually, anyone know of any good mac (non-intel setup here) RPGs that aren't a) NWN and b) Made by Blizzard. Because I've play all of those.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Actually, anyone know of any good mac (non-intel setup here) RPGs that aren't a) NWN and b) Made by Blizzard. Because I've play all of those.
Dungeon Siege is really good.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I must say, I'm still a fan of StarCraft.

It had a perfect rock paper scissors mesh - no one thing was 'overpowered'.

Yet, it wasn't to complicated, like WarCraft III (imo).

While I've given up all gaming (including a 60 day WoW charachter), I do eagerly await SC2 (one day, in years to come :O).

·
Registered
94 Posts
SOCOM 3 and SOCOM Combined Assault. I belong to a SOCOM clan called the Old Dude Clan. We are, as the name suggests ... some old dudes. Our clan was formed as a place for mature gamers to play without having to worry about immature attitudes. We don't accept members under 30 years of age. The Old Dude Clan is a place where teamwork is appreciated and fun is mandatory. If you are a SOCOM nut you might have heard of the Urgent Fury - Scenario Based Tournaments. We are currently playing in UF -Black, not winning, holding our own and having fun battling against other clans.

I also play GT3 and GT4.

Except for Solitaire Till Dawn I haven't played a game on the Macintosh since Myst:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.