Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm beginning to feel like a little kid just before Christmas. I've already received my G5 RAM modules from crucial.com, and I'll pick up an APC or Tripp Lite power management device next week hopefully. Bring on the G5's!!

Forty-four going on four. Fun stuff.

-GW

·
Registered
16 Posts
Apple ships single processor Power Mac G5s
August 18 - 08:45 EDT   Apple today announced that it has begun shipping the 1.6 GHz (US$1,999) and 1.8 GHz ($2,399) Power Mac G5 models. Apple said the dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5 will ship late this month, as planned. Apple also announced that it has received orders for over 100,000 G5s since its introduction on June 23. "The Power Mac G5 is a big hit with customers and developers," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "The two single processor Power Mac G5 models are available now, so we wanted to get those into customers hands as soon as possible, and we're right on track to deliver the dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5 later this month."  

Cool

Deadline

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Well, if we recieve any today, I will let you guys know
*HOPE* *HOPE*
:D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I want one of the shipping boxes. Those have to be one of the coolest boxes Apple has ever made.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a Duel G5 2 gigs with 3.5 gigs of ram and have put in the new 9800/128 bit radion card.

But I will have to wait till mid september to get my machine.
I placed the order about a month ago.

Deadline Mike

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
The New York Times and other sources claim that G5s will be in stores today (Monday Aug 18)!

(Actually, that's technically still "tomorrow" for those of us on the Wet Coast, but "today" for those of you in the Center of the Universe® aka Central Canada.:->)

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can't wait to see/use one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The actaul cost of my machine is around $7000.

with taxes included.

Expensive yes, but it is a home studio buisiness that I will
use this machine 24/7.

Deadline

·
Registered
344 Posts
has anyone seen a g5 anywhere? I may take a wlk to carbon computing to check it out if they're in.

·
Registered
344 Posts
has anyone seen a g5 anywhere? I may take a walk to carbon computing to check it out if they're in.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The fact that the PowerMac G5 has external Bluetooth and Airport EXTREME! antennas isn't all that surprising. I'd imagine the all-aluminum case acts like a Faraday cage; without the external antennas I'd imagine the range of both Bluetooth and Airport EXTREME! would be severely limited.

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts
Dream on - still nothing firm :(

The one store that says it's in stock
shows this - SEPT 30TH!!!!!!

Power Mac G5 1600 Minitower
PowerPC G5 1.6GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 4X DVD-R / 16X10X32 CD-RW SuperDrive
CompUSA Price: $1,999.97
Manufacturer: Apple 
Mfg Part #: M9020LL/A 
Product Number: 305065 
Usually Ships In: Coming Soon
Expected Ship Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2003

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts