Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace a G4 Server with something that can take SATA drives without any additional drama.

Any speed or revision of G5 Tower or G5 Xserve is fine.

It will be running FileMaker 8 Server on Tiger so an Intel system is of no use here.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Trevor,

I have a Dual G5 2.0GHz Powermac. I hadn't really considered selling it but it's not really getting much use so it's available if we can find a price that suits both of us.

Specs are:

Dual 2.0GHz G5 processors
ATI Radeon 9600 128MB Video Card (2x DVI)
500G Boot Drive
3 Gigs Ram (2 x 1G + 2 x 512MB)
Superdrive
Airport AND Bluetooth
Original boxes, disks (Tiger) etc.
I bought this new CTO from Apple and it is super clean. It definitely shows as a 1 owner, well-respected machine.

*********Extras available if wanted:**********

Highpoint RocketRaid 1820A 8-Port PCI-X RAID Card (Original Packaging included)

4 x 500G HDD's (Currently 2TB Raided on the above card with 4 ports still free)

Sonnet G5 Jive Hard Drive Caddy (Sonnet - G5 Jive: Internal Drive Mounting System for Power Mac G5)
(This allows you to mount 3 extra internal drives in front of the processors.)
(Original packaging included.)

MaxUpgrades Optical Bay Hard Drive Sled. (MaxUpgrades.com: MaxConnect for G5 Power Mac <br>Internal Storage Expansion)
(This allows you to replace your optical drive with four hard drives in a custom bracket.)
Use this with the four free ports on the RocketRaid card for an ultimate server 8-Drive Raid
without giving up your boot drive. (9 drives total)

ATI Radeon 9200 128MB PCI Video Card (1 x DVI, 1 x VGA, 1 x S-Video)
(In case you want to run a third or fourth display or run to a TV.)
Original Packaging included.

****The only problem will be the location. I am in Kingston, ON

****Let me know if you're interested. I'm happy to listen to offers on all or some of the above if you have a number in mind. Alternately, let me know how much of it you are interested in and we'll try to come up with a price that's fair for both of us.

All the best,

B.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still looking in Calgary,

I thought I had found a Dual 2.3 but the seller was a total nut job,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apple Xserve

Hello Trevor,

I currently have an Apple Mac Xserve Dual 2.3GHz, 2Gb, no hard drives or trays. The model number of the systems is M9745LL/A. The system does not come with OS X. The cost is $450.00 plus shipping and the specifications are as follows:

The Apple Xserve G5/2.3 DP features dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC 970fx (G5) processors each with the AltiVec "Velocity Engine" vector processing unit and 512k "on chip" level 2 cache. It shipped configured with 2Gb of PC3200 EEC SDRAM, a slot-loading DVD-R optical drive of unspecified speed, and dual Gigabit Ethernet in a 1U case that fits in an industry-standard 19" rack. It shipped with a standard video card. Connectivity includes USB 2.0, Firewire "800", and dual PCI-X slots.

The specifications are as follows:

Processors-Dual 2.3GHz
Ram-2Gb
Hard Drives-Not included
Video Card-Standard
Optical Drive-DVD-R Optical Drive
Case Type-Rack Mountable
Part Number-M9745LL/A

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Quad G5 for sale. PM me for full details.

4 2.5Ghz PPC
12 GB of ram
Two graphics cards ect ect.

Thanks,

-Jonathan

PS ~ I am in Calgary once a month .

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few people have asked, and yes I am still looking - I have just been unable to locate a suitable machine (that isn't in Lagos!)

Unfortunately I am looking for a pretty basic machine that will forever live in a closet serving FileMaker, a Matrox Axio card - while really cool isn't too helpful here. And I like Final Cut Express as much as anyone, but a box full of academic versions of pre-Intel graphics and video software isn't too helpful either.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't need this anymore,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts