·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's been around for a long time.
Oh no! It's back! The Master Thread-Crapper! Are you this rude to people on your site? Perhaps if you spent more time there instead of s**t disturbing elsewhere, you'd earn something beyond resentment.
Like respect?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Ingenu - Check this thread also, as it has more info on the G5 Test Drive. I know I got the stopwatch the night when Panther was released.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chealion.

I'd prefer the G5 thought :D

G

·
Oh no! It's back! The Master Thread-Crapper! Are you this rude to people on your site? Perhaps if you spent more time there instead of s**t disturbing elsewhere, you'd earn something beyond resentment. Like respect?
Oh, I'm so sorry! I am now being "rude" for giving a straight-to-the-point answer.

·
Registered
609 Posts
BTW, Thanks for the link, Ingenu! Until you posted it, I didn't know how to connect to a retailer for this without a PIN from a mailer, which I never got :cool:

Guess I'll have to walk to Bmac to at least pick up my stopwatch; I've already test-driven a few G5's. Nice, but I've been trying to wean myself from last pieces of Beige on my desk... but will likely go back, even so far as putting the guts of my Sawtooth into a G3 minitower or 9600 case. Esp. once I get my 850av screen working again. Suits the faux-oriental decor better, and my speakers
Just not a heavy-metal or translucent plastic guy. Black was the Eighties for me-back to corduroy and sandals and trying to stay comfortable. My girlfriend has the Luxo iMac...
I blather, another all-nighter dealing with other people's Mac problems...

As for Lars/Lars2; L'arse#1 might be more appropriate.

I'm just amazed you have the chutzpah, as Dr. G might put it, to show up here and make another gratuitous post. What fuels this compulsion of yours? Must think you're a supreme smartypants getting away posting during your "cooling off period" with such a transparent alias. I think the intention of the ban was to give you time to reflect on how you might better your behaviour, not to emphasize how appropriate a time-out would be. Some people just don't get it, even when it's as plain as the words on the screen in front of their face

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Just like to remind folks that the test drive is a cool idea.. but most of the time folks arrive to test out the G5 and there is no material to work on. Most resellers have copies of certain of the pro apps, but it is difficult to have actual images or movies to work on due to copyright issues and whatnot. If you want to put a G5 thru a few tests.. if you are using Photoshop right now, bring in one of your images with you.. and try doing what you are use to doing at home.. the same goes for the Video or Audio pro.. bring in a sample of what you are doing.. if you are using a specific app, bring it in to try on the G5.. I am sure someone could help you install and try it.. and then remove the copy from the machine...

In other words, if you want to kick the poop out of the G5 and see exactly what the machine can do.. bring stuff with you to do.. bring a list of things you would like to try.. most of the time you can sit down and have a go at it..

Cheers,

RtC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts