Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here purchased a G5 from the online Apple Store yet? I might be ordering a BTO G5 1.6 later this week, but I noticed that it may take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. Seems a bit long, don't you think?

·
Registered
454 Posts
It may ship faster but I wouldn't bet on it, BTO take even longer to arrive!

The weird thing is that last time I priced a 1.8 without modem or superdrive the BTO was only 10-16 days.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It depends on what you're getting. I notice there is a longer wait if you add the 1 GB sticks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty basic config...I'm just deleting the modem and I'm getting a combo rather than super drive.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Well, perhaps this will offer hope, or, maybe it'll make me sound hopelessly indecisive, or, maybe it'll sound like I'm blowing my horn, but...
I ordered a dual G4 from Apple Canada on June 26th, a week later I changed it to a G5 1.8 (no modem/combo drive), then when the late August delivery date wasn't met I changed it again to a Dual G5 (no modem/combo drive)...

It's being delivered today by FedEx. I've been stumbling around the house, bumping into things, and staring at the clock on the wall like a wild, caged, idiot. If I don't snap completely I'll post about the machine after it's set up.

-Howie

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered mine from Carbon, and they just called me and told me that my Dual 2.0 G5 is here! It's been 8 weeks since I ordered it, but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow though. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
It has been 9 weeks and counting since I ordered my (BTO) D 2 gig machine with 3.5 gigs of ram and the 9800 Radeon card....

I have ordered it through a local mac dealer Creative Tech and they have no idea when it will be delivered!!!

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts