Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Don't know. I'm running a late build of Panther on my dual G5 and I can certainly say that the two are a perfect pair

On my iBook Panther gives it some new life in terms of speed.

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rumor has it that Oct. 24 might be the ship date of Panther. I think Apple gave out coupons about 2 weeks before Jaguar came out in their new machines.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the coupons you mentioned that were given out did they qualify for a full upgrade or was there a discount involved at the time of purchase?? :D

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
jrtech,

I got some coupons when I bought my current machine (fp iMac), which enabled me to upgrade to Jaguar from 10.1.4. I had to send 14 GB pounds to cover post & packing.

I subsequently found that this way of acquiring an upgrade doesn't necessarily get you the full whack. There was no Archive & Install facility along with the Jaguar CD's. In all other respects the software was as intact as the fully priced version (I'm sure of that…).

I've got an order in the pipeline for one of the new PB 17"-ers. It will come with coupons for Panther perhaps (i.e. I hope). I'll forego the A & I facility in the interests of economy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts