Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be cool for Yikes and Sawtooth owners.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/index.html#newstop

G4 Trade-in Program for G5s? -
"Here's a tip - don't expect new G5's before 3/26/2004. Apple Oz (Australia) have just introduced a trade up program - they give buyers A$1000.00 (appx. $775 US) tradein for a G4 (no specific model mentioned) on a new G5, The program starts today and ends 3/26/2004 so I'm guessing the new G5's are released 3/27/2004 or soon thereafter. "

I've not yet seen this trade-in/trade-up offer at Apple's USA website as of early Friday morning (Eastern Time). He later said that even B&W G3s are being taken in trade there but you get about 1/2 the trade-in value of a G4. I hope that offer is done for the USA (It's not April Fools day either, I know this person.)

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
So ya mean I can get dual G5 processors to replace dual G4s? If that's the case, since my Mac is also a dual boot system, will I be able to start up in OS9 with G5s running?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wow, if this is real, that'd be a fantastic incentive. My wife would have my hide, but I'd have a G5 :D

I browsed through Apple Australia a bit, but couldn't find anything about the offer.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
Steve Jobs had mentioned in an interview that there were a lot of Sawtooth owners out there who haven't upgraded their machines, and that Apple would aggressively target these Mac users for G5 sales in 2004.

I wish I could remember where I read that so I could post a link here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts