Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mactastic Enthusiast
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My trusty old G4 needs to find a new home! Prices are all negotiable as these MUST SELL so please do make an offer if interested:

PowerMac G4 Sawtooth - *** SOLD ****
- upgraded to G4/1.2 Ghz processor
- 1.25 GB RAM
- 120GB & 46GB IDE hard drives (both run off an ATA-133 pci card)
- upgraded Superdrive (DVD-RW burner)
- upgraded ATI 32MB Graphics card
- internal Zip drive
- internal Airport 80211.b card
- running latest Tiger OS. Also has the 'pro' keyboard (black keys in clear case) and all the original manuals & cds.

Viewsonic 17" CRT GS790 Monitor - $20 or best offer
- 17" viewable screen area
- bright, sharp & clean picture with NO issues!
- Apple to VGA adapter included
***Will bundle this monitor with above OR sold separately***

ALL are in working order and have been kept as clean & dust-free as possible and available for PICK-UP in the High Park, Toronto area.
All offers will be considered - thanks for looking!

·
OpenBSD Developer
500 Posts
The price for the Sawtooth is more than fair and maybe even a bit too low for it's specs. The CRT however is only worth about 20-25 IMO.

·
Mactastic Enthusiast
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price for the Sawtooth is more than fair and maybe even a bit too low for it's specs. The CRT however is only worth about 20-25 IMO.
Thanks for the comment zen.state - I adjusted the CRT price (honestly wasn't sure what to price it at). I've had a hard time finding a home for this G4 the last few years so I'm pricing to sell and open to all offers!

·
Long term Ehmac'er
149 Posts
PM sent. Great price for the Sawtooth.

·
Mactastic Enthusiast
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PM sent. Great price for the Sawtooth.
Thanks and sold it offline.
17" CRT is still available though I doubt there is any interest at all in CRTs anymore?

·
Premium Member
42,484 Posts
I don't think CRTs have entered the retro sphere yet. I still have a nice big Apple CRT on a tripod in the basement, and may hook it up again some day--but it takes up a crapload of desk real estate.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I gave away all my G4 towers and CRT monitors to charity,
They are in a seniors centre somewhere in Ontario now.

:)

·
Premium Member
42,484 Posts
I gave away all my G4 towers and CRT monitors to charity,
They are in a seniors centre somewhere in Ontario now.

I wish it was a little easier to match up people with stuff they need. I saw an older Dell 17" LCD screen sitting in front of someone's house with a sign saying--WORKS, FREE, TAKE ME--and there are no takers!

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I wish it was a little easier to match up people with stuff they need. I saw an older Dell 17" LCD screen sitting in front of someone's house with a sign saying--WORKS, FREE, TAKE ME--and there are no takers!
Yep, It's hard to give stuff away...
But, Luckily I managed to get rid of an upgraded Sawtooth, An upgraded Blue and White,
Two G3 desktops, An upgraded LC475, A upgraded Blackbird Laptop and an upgraded SE30 all to the same place.

I hope they enjoy them as much as I did.

I just kept my Mac Mini's and all my iOS devices.

·
Mactastic Enthusiast
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think CRTs have entered the retro sphere yet. I still have a nice big Apple CRT on a tripod in the basement, and may hook it up again some day--but it takes up a crapload of desk real estate.
I used to have a pair of those - loved the Apple CRT and remember they were huge. This 17" CRT colours and clarity still look great after sitting unused for years and yet I can't seem to even give it away and unfortunately lack the space or need to use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts