Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update on my g4 iBook..

I have had this machine now since November and have never once had a single crash...
Nor have I had a kernal panic of any sort.
The closest I had was Microsoft Word quit once and one time I thought it wouldnt awake from sleep, only to find out I had the brightness turned all the way down!!!...

but there have been a few problems... one is trackpad weirdness,, sometimes it just goes nuts... Tons on Apple Discussion Boards have had this issue.. no clue if its software or hardware... looks like Hardware..

im still happy!

Great machine, great price...
Happy..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice to hear
, actually, I am going with a friend of mine to buy her very first mac (another switcher :D ). It took me a couple months, but I have convinced her that Mac is just plain better for what she is doing. Nice to hear it's worked out great for ya.

Eric C

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
What kind of trackpad weirdness do you mean? Is your trackpad set to accept "tapping" on it for clicking, dragging, etc.?

ekcondon - Switching so many, yet haven't truly switched yourself? Where is your Mac? ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was in a meeting last week where the client had an iBook and she was having track pad issues as well. It was an older iBook (but still a white one...not clamshell) but her trackpad would stick in the down position, so when she moved the mouse after it had been resting, the cursor would drag around images in her Internet Explorer for a few seconds, then drop them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts