Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows any details of the following issues with regard to the new G4 iBooks:

-Is it the same white color as the iBook 900 models or is is more metallic like the older ones?
-Any changes with the keyboard?

Its hard to tell from the pictures on the Apple site. Any additional details beyond the obvious are appreciated.

Hamboner...oops my finger slipped....but it's kind of funny so I'll leave it....

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I only saw one for a few minutes when a customer came to pick his up but I think the outer shell is the same. The Keyboard is much more solid and the keys are opaque.

It feels a lot better than the older ones.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Funny how personal taste can differ.

I like the old ones better. I like the clearish-white keys and feel of the older ones.

I find they grey of the new keyboards to be flat and kind of boring and I don't think they match the ibook very well.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I agree with you Pamela sort of. I like the look of the old keyboard better but I found it had way too much flex in it. The new one is much stiffer and has a better feel to me.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
i hate to point people to antoher forum but go to macnn.com and go into their forums. they have a section for all macs including the ibook. go to the ibook section and take a look. there are a ton of posts over there about the new ibook including pictures from users

i will post a review here if anyone likes once i recive my ibook.

its left winterpeg today!
WOHOOOO!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
On the 12" iBook I use, I find the keyboard much nicer then the older G3 models (no mushy flex), and like it a lot more.

Sander - The hinge as far as I can tell is metal, but has a plastic overcoat. Not the cheap plastic used by Dell, but the bulletproof plastic found near everywhere else on the iBook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts